Re: ' Disc authentication failure' Problem

by crinrict

Original Post

' Disc authentication failure' Problem

★★★ Newbie

My Sims 3 game used to work fine, then suddenly it stopped working. Every time I go on the sims3launcher it comes up with 'disc authentication failure' and tells me to put the game in the disc drive even though it is already in. Can ANYONE help me. I have looked on the Sims 3 forums, you tube, yahoo!, wikipedia and loads more. Over all I think I have spent 5 hours or more looking on sites for WHAT I CAN DO!! So please help me if you have any idea I may not have tried..... Thanks xox                         Confusedmileysad:

Message 1 of 4 (270 Views)

Hero

1. What is your operating system ?

2. What is the exact message ?

3. Do you have the disk of the latest EP you own ? What do you own except the base game ?

4. Are you using custom contents and/or mods ?

5. Have you checked the disc if there are scratches on it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (263 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem. My computer is a macbook, I own the sims 3 base game and late night EP in their original cds, I also have used custom content in my game

Message 3 of 4 (255 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

For Macs, this seems to be one of the ongoing issues. Some people have reported getting it because of custom download or even Store.

Try moving the folder DCCache in the user files (don't know where they are on a mac) to the desktop and start the game to see if it works. If it doesn't, put the folder back and report back. If it does you need to find out what content is causeing the conflict.

-------

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (250 Views)