Re: Deleting a previous saved gameplay

by suecorn13349

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Deleting a previous saved gameplay

★★★ Novice

Hi,

Does anyone know how to go back to a previous save on The Sims 3 Nightlife?   Or how to stop a character from being a vampire?

Message 1 of 7 (1,476 Views)

Accepted Solution

@suecorn13349  Okay, then restoring to a previous save isn't an option.  In the future, it's a good idea to use "save as" to rename the save every so often; that way, the game will create a new save file instead of overwriting the old one, and you'll be able to load the previous one if you run into any trouble.  Additionally, sims you create in CAS will always be in your in-game bin unless you delete them, so you could place them in a different save (including a backup) if you wanted.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether you have two options, or just one.  A sim can ask a vampire to forsake his or her powers, which doesn't always work (it has a better chance if the relationship between the two is high).  But I'm not sure whether this interaction is available with Late Night, or it was introduced with Supernatural.  The other option is to go to the science lab and buy a cure §3000.  To be honest, I've never tried this, but it's supposed to work every time.  Either way, be sure to save immediately before trying, just in case something happens that you don't like.

I asked about mods because one of them allows you to remove an occult state from a sim with a couple of clicks.  But if you're not into using them, then there's no reason to install just to cure your vampire, especially if one of the above approaches works.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,419 Views)

All Replies

@suecorn13349  I've moved your thread to the Sims 3 section, since this is a gameplay question.

Your options will depend on which packs you have installed besides Late Night/Nightlife (please list them); how many times you've saved since the transformation, and whether you ever use "Save As" instead of a regular save; and if you use mods, or you're willing to try.  Let me know, and I'll give you some suggestions.

Message 2 of 7 (1,463 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for your reply.   I only have The Sims 3 besides Late Night.   I just use the regular save.   I don't use any mods, didn't know there were any!   I have saved at least six times since my character became a vampire, and have also created two new sims, which will now be a problem if I go back to a previous save. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,426 Views)

@suecorn13349  Okay, then restoring to a previous save isn't an option.  In the future, it's a good idea to use "save as" to rename the save every so often; that way, the game will create a new save file instead of overwriting the old one, and you'll be able to load the previous one if you run into any trouble.  Additionally, sims you create in CAS will always be in your in-game bin unless you delete them, so you could place them in a different save (including a backup) if you wanted.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether you have two options, or just one.  A sim can ask a vampire to forsake his or her powers, which doesn't always work (it has a better chance if the relationship between the two is high).  But I'm not sure whether this interaction is available with Late Night, or it was introduced with Supernatural.  The other option is to go to the science lab and buy a cure §3000.  To be honest, I've never tried this, but it's supposed to work every time.  Either way, be sure to save immediately before trying, just in case something happens that you don't like.

I asked about mods because one of them allows you to remove an occult state from a sim with a couple of clicks.  But if you're not into using them, then there's no reason to install just to cure your vampire, especially if one of the above approaches works.

Message 4 of 7 (1,420 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

Thanks for your helpful suggestions.   Sorry for the late reply.   It is possible to buy a cure from the science facility, and that is what I did, and it worked!   Once again thank you for your help.

Best wishes,

Sue

Message 5 of 7 (1,342 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If you want to stop all vampires before loading your saved game go into you options menu:  On the saved games menu at the bottom right is a button with 3 white dots click on this and select options from the popup menu  Select the Advanced demographic options tab (far right), what you seek should be on that card. Note> this stops for all vampires.   

Message 6 of 7 (1,317 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry I spotted an error the three dotted button in on the bottom left.

Yours BillFlowerpot.

Message 7 of 7 (1,293 Views)