Re: Crying Baby

by DastardlyDog101

Original Post

Crying Baby

★ Novice

Hi, I'm having this problem with the Sims 3 LateNight- I recently had 2 babys on there but i moved them out into a different household so i can no longer play with them however, there is still a baby in my house somewhere but cannot be seen. It is crying constantly so my sims cant sleep and they can also not get the baby. I have shearched the whloe house but its nowhere to be found but the game says its there. eg, when i click to go sleep it says: " You can not go to sleep because "the baby" is still crying"

I have tryed aging it up but no-one can bring the baby to the cake beacuse they cant reach/see it.

Please help me with this problem as it is really fustrating me and effecting my game play and sims.

Thakyou, Martha 

Message 1 of 4 (955 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I didn't have a crying baby. Mine was a barking dog. (Same thing in a way. I had moved the dog into another house, but could still hear him BARKING all day all night  in his original house...Really weird! No one could see him at all and my Sims went NUTS, lol!) 

What worked for me was, making another dog and merging him into the same house as the barking came from. The Sims could now actually see the dog and care for him. Happy dog...Happy, Rested Sims!

Try this with a baby. Make up a baby and an adult Sim (to go with the baby) in the Create A Sim area. Place them both into the house where the crying is going on.You can always evicted both the new adult Sim and the baby from the household later on. Maybe that will end the crying sound that way. Fingers crossed it works for you, your Sims and the new baby...(With the adult sim for baby!)

While in game at the options area, you can set the aging process either up or down. Raising it up to Epic (Sims will age slowly and live longer,) or quickening the aging process to 1 or 2 days time until baby becomes a toddler/teen.

Good Luck!

Lucy.

Message 2 of 4 (953 Views)

★ Novice

Thankyou for the suggestion!

I tried it out but it doesnt seem to work. The thing is the baby isnt in my current household and i didnt create a copy of it. It's saying the baby is there but its actually not- i think the problem is....when i moved the 2 babys out with its mother, the mum couldnt carry both babies so she left one there?, And now theres a glitch that the baby is in my house but its also in the other house which is out of my control. It is really fustrating me at the moment as I am having my sims sleeping on the park bench away from home....

Please keep the sugestions coming in as i really need to sort this out soon as i am about to throw my computer at the wall Standard smile

Thankyou, Martha!

Message 3 of 4 (947 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Wow that is a problem! My only other suggestion would be to move out/evict the Sims there now. Then bulldoze the house down completely, and place another house of a differnt style there in it's place. Then move the Sims back into the new house. If the baby didn't belong to the couple, this should do the trick. You're right it is a glitch in the game. The worst being, sometimes you have to delete the current Sims altogether to get the glitch out of gameplay. But hopefully you don't have to do this. If you saved your Sims in the Create A Sim area before putting them into the game, you can delete them with peace of mind and start them fresh.

If this doesn't work, you can get in contact with the 'Live Chat' at The Sims 3 site. This will put you in touch with a Game Advisor that can help you get rid of the glitch once and for all (before you thow your computer against the wall, lol.) Go to The Sims 3 site. At the bottom right of the page, there's an area that says, 'Contact Us' Click on that and it will give you step by step instructions to get to the 'Live Chat' area. The wait is LONG, but once in the chat, you're in contact with a Game Advisor. They are super nice people and really know their stuff!

It is frustrating, and all of us that have played The Sims 1, 2 3, and/or 4, know all to well the feeling of throwing the computer against the wall, lol! When I hit a glitch, I threaten my computer with ripping out it's micro chips one by one, lol!

Good Luck to you Martha, and I hope there's an answer for you very soon.

Yours In Friendship!

Lucy

Message 4 of 4 (943 Views)