Content missing from Sims 3 University Life

by xZhaneelRashkaex

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Content missing from Sims 3 University Life

★★ Novice

Hello all,

I downloaded the Sims 3 University Life expansion pack a few days ago and was eager to get started. However, I've run into several issues so far.

• Social Groups do not work. No matter what actions my sim performs, their influence does not increase (even when purchasing the Lifetime Reward that is supposed to increase influence!)
  • The Social Networking skill does not increase. There are no skill books available for purchase nor is there a class available to take.
  • Street Art does not work. There is no option to create Street Art when clicking on areas that should allow it, there are no skill books, and there are no available classes.
  • Some objects (ping-pong table, plastic skeleton, bowling alley, I'm sure there are more but I haven't tested them all) do not allow interaction. My sim gets into position, then is automatically teleported a few spaces away and the interaction is canceled.

I'm running this on a Windows 7 emulator (Bootcamp for Mac). The game has been fully updated and I have all expansion packs through University Life (but no Stuff Packs). Thanks for reading Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (1,065 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Content missing from Sims 3 University Life

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?

Try resttetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,173 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?

Try resttetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,174 Views)

★★ Novice

I am indeed. Followed the instructions provided and it seems like one of my mods was causing the issue. Now to try to figure out which one...

Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 4 (1,043 Views)

Hero

Sounds a bit like multiple ones. 

The traits error ist most often caused by a skill or hiddent trait mod.

You should make sure all your mods are updated to your patch level before using.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,034 Views)