Re: Code Did Not Give Me My Games?

by igazor

Original Post

Code Did Not Give Me My Games?

★★★ Newbie

I'm having issues with me "The Sims 3 Starter Pack" I registered on EA and put my code in but it only gave me the nightlife game rather than the other two that it is for also. The game is supposed to come with the original Sims 3, Highend Loft Stuff, and late night stuff. Yet only one came through, I just bought this physical copy at walmart so I know it's legit. I don't understand what's happening, I've tried entering my code in numerous times (16 digit code) but nothing has worked. I even tried going to their customer service chats but even that's broken. Someone please help I'm lost and I just wanna play the game lol.

I'm on Mac by the way.

Message 1 of 5 (246 Views)

@lameleigha  The Sims 3 Starter Pack that's sold through Origin comes with the base game, the Late Night expansion pack, and High-End Loft Stuff.  I'm not sure what the physical copy that you bought provides, but bundles exist in disc form for all sorts of combinations.  If you did in fact buy a bundle that consists of the base game, Late Night, and HELS, or some other combination of three products, you should have three discs in the case, and three codes as well.  You might have multiple inserts, or another slip of paper with the other codes on it.

You can always try running the Origin reset tool for macs and then sign in again; it's possible that the rest of your content will then appear in your Origin library.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If the case that your disc(s) came in lists multiple packs, but you can still only see one in your account, you might try contacting EA customer support (again).  You can call during business hours (Pacific time); chat should be available 24/7.  Be sure to set your location to U.S. or U.K.  It would also be helpful to have photos of your receipt, discs, case, and insert(s) with code(s) on hand for the chat.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (236 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@lameleigha  Was the case sealed when you purchased the game? As Walmart is not an authorized vendor they have to sell the physical version as the sealed games will come with activation codes issued by EA. The base game code should have 5 groups of 4 characters or 20 characters. Expansion packs have 4 groups of 4 characters or 16 characters. If the case was not sealed someone may have removed the codes. If these codes were missing you will need to contact the place of purchase about this issue for a refund or replacement.

Message 3 of 5 (218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Sorry @roberta591 but is that a typo? Walmart is not my favorite place to shop (this is a personal thing and admittedly irrelevant), but they are most certainly an authorized retail vendor of EA games. They sell both boxed discs (for as long as they will have them in inventory, anyway) and standalone digital codes.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2

Message 4 of 5 (203 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@igazor  My bad!  I'll have to get information about this as the list has changed since the last time I checked it. This must be a somewhat recent change as most vendors if they wanted to sell EA games had to sell the physical product and third party code sellers was a small list. I need to get further details on how problems need to be handled by the purchaser.

Message 5 of 5 (187 Views)