Re: Choose Household, Start Playing now won't work.

by sourgummycandy

Original Post

Choose Household, Start Playing now won't work.

★★ Novice

When installing a new world you choose a househole or you move one in. Once you have a family selected and moved in, it says you can continue to edit the world(or something along those lines) or you can start playing now. I hit the play now button but nothing ever happens. Nothing loads at all.

I've learned that if I save the game, go to the main menu, then go back to the game, i'll be able to play. I've been okay with this but now i have Sims3 University and it does the same thing once i get into the world. I have a sim enroll and the world loads. I choose a house/dorm but it NEVER loads. There is no save option while on this screen so there's nothing i can do...

PLEASE HELP!

Message 1 of 4 (3,990 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem, I can't send any of them to university or move any Sims to a new house without this happening and it started after the update that included moving to a new town. Im glad I'm not the only one with this problem.

Would really appreciate help in fixing this problem thanks.

Message 2 of 4 (3,903 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this problem, and posted on here, someone helped me and gave me this link to what you can do to fix it, http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714

Thought I'd help because I hated this problem and was so happy to have it fixed!

Message 3 of 4 (3,900 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just ran into this problem where it doesn't do anything after selecting a household, the buttons just turns grey. Thankfully, deleting 

CASPartCache.packagecompositorCache.packagescriptCache.packagesimCompositorCache.package. Worked. 

Message 4 of 4 (2,811 Views)