Re: Cant install Sims 3 on PC (disc)

by BGH22

Original Post

Cant install Sims 3 on PC (disc)

★★★ Newbie

A couple of days ago I bought Sims 3 for my PC. I'm a bit fustrated at the fact I have to go through all this stuff with Origin and redeeming my product code with the actuall Sims website. if i had of known there would have been all this trouble with this game i would have never bought it in the first place. 

i inserted the disc and installed Origin and went in the top left corner and selected redeem product code i entered it i and then it says i cant redeem it through Origin and i have to go throught the Sims website so i did using my origin details as it says and now i cant do anything. i dont want to play online i just want the bloodly game thats all. my home wireless is down so i have to use my phones internet so i cant download anything or spend too long on here. it was my birthday money i bought my game with and im not happy that im wasting my money and time on this game that is so complicated to install and use. im excellent with technology but this is overkill! Confusedmileymad:

btw im running on windows 7

please help and thank you in advance 

Message 1 of 4 (198 Views)

Hero

When you first put in the disc and install Origin, it should actually ask you to activate the game on Origin (you do have to be online for that process). Did that never pop up for you ? You should be able to activate base games and such on Orign only worlds are redeemed on thesims3.com.

Checking your webpage on thesims3.com, I only see that you have Monte Vista registered so now the question is: Did you buy the actual Sims 3 game or the Monte Vista world ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (187 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I sympaphise with my friend below.  I bought the SIMS 3 and all but  2 of the expansion packs for my wife and two children - I have 10 DVDs in total.  I have years of computer prgramming experience and working with very complicated software.  This is just a game, but ITS THE HARDEST PIECE OF SOFTWARE I HAVE VER TRIED TO INSTALL.  The process is rife with bugs like the human test which repeatedly tells you you have enter incorrect data when you haven't  Two of my DVD packs when I opened them didn't contain the verification code at all.  The main pack had a code which didn't work until I accidentially found hidden in some secondary documentation another code that did work. 

I installed a new copy of Windows 7 Ultimate with a clean install before attempting any installs.  I installed successfully MS Office complete and numerous other software products.  All was going well until I tried the SIMS and went mad with frustration and nearly threw the discs in the trash can.  I am a busy architect and I don't have time for this rubbish.  I can appreciate EA wants to stop computer piracy, but when your customers buy your products they need to be able to use them with relative ease without compromising your copyrights.  Autodesk, Microsoft, and Adobe to name but a few all manage this without all the hair wrenching teeth pulling fiasco of Origin!!!!! 

I set up this PC for my children so they had an alternative to the SIMS on PS3 and so they could play with all the apparently interesting expansion packs.  I got interested in this by teaching my children some architectural basics and seeing how they quickly learned the principles using the SIMS on PS3, but right now they are sad because I haven't managed to get them up and running with the SIMS in their individual Windows user accounts  I am really frustrated with all of this so please enlighten me on how to do this: set up all these SIMS products in separet user accounts on the same computer!  Please note we are just one family running the PC SIMS on one computer and all have been purched in retails stores.  Additionally please explain to me why you feel you need to protect your software to sych an extent that even with genuine CDs you need to be a grade one hacker to actually install the bloody things!

Message 3 of 4 (145 Views)

★★★ Pro

Since EA installed Origin to play the game, The game plays better if you use the download versions rather than using the CD's. I have never had the install issues you are having. If you buy the sims 3 on disc and register the disc you get a free download copy. However if you already have the CD version on your computer you would have to remove the CD version manually to replace the game with the download version.

Should you choose to go this route, this is how to maual uninstall on PC if you need MAC let us know and we can get a MAC helper to help you

http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3/

then we can futher assit you how to install the download version properly

Message 4 of 4 (142 Views)