Re: Cant download bonus content to the game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant download bonus content to the game

★ Novice

I Just bought the expansion pack called showtime and got two bonus items with it. It let me download and install the seeing stars bonus but it wont let me install the origin- al Beats 500 stereo. It says I need to buy the object but its already in my purchase history  since I used the code given to get it.

Message 1 of 7 (618 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Novice

I fixed it.It turns out that even though i clicked to install the expansion pack and the game acted like it was going to install it didnt install the expansion pack so I just had to go back and install the game and then I was able to install the other bonus content. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (612 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Does it not download from the purchase history either ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (614 Views)

★ Novice

I can download it to the the sims game launcher but it under status column it indicates with a symbol that I cant install to the game  and it says buy object. under the type column

Message 3 of 7 (612 Views)

★ Novice

I fixed it.It turns out that even though i clicked to install the expansion pack and the game acted like it was going to install it didnt install the expansion pack so I just had to go back and install the game and then I was able to install the other bonus content. 

Message 4 of 7 (613 Views)

Hero

Great to hear.

Enjoy the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (593 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had this item before from The Sims 3, and I've used it in many of my houses. I deleted my backup folder with all my TS3 DLC downloads in sims3packs. I no longer have the file for This item, the Origin-Al Beats 500 Stereo. I talked two TWO reps. The first one said that I need to wait a few weeks to see if it magically appears, then closed the chat. Then I opened it again. Second rep said to restart my computer, router, check my plugs, and THEN wait. This is ridiculous, those things have nothing to do with not being able to find the sims3pack. I am about in tears because nobody seems to be able to give me a concrete link to download this item. HELP?

Message 6 of 7 (446 Views)

@Katlett  Usually, when an item disappears from your purchase history, which happens more often than it should, you can just go to the product page and redownload it (for free).  But some limited edition items are no longer available for purchase, so their pages might be difficult to find.  This is a long way of saying that I'm not sure how to help you.  I don't have the item myself, or I'd try to send you the link, hoping you could download it from there.

But this issue did surface recently for a few other players (see the thread below), and most of them managed to find their missing items.  If Crinrict's tool doesn't help, you could always ask for assistance in the thread.  There are a number of TS3 players still active who own all or most of the store, and they may be able to give you better advice.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/947636/really-strange-issue-with-store-bought-stuff

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/s3s-browser

(Click on S3S browser to see the options for download, installation, etc.)

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 7 (431 Views)