Re: Cannot Login To TheSims3 Store On The Sims 3 Launcher.

by wecantpickaname

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot Login To TheSims3 Store On The Sims 3 Launcher.

★★★ Newbie

I have a windows 8 computer and it will not let me login to my user for TheSims3.com on The Sims 3 launcher window. I try to log in and this is the message it gives me.

This content cannot be displayed in a frame  

To help protect the security of information you enter into this website, the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame.

What you can try:

Open this content in a new window

I don't know how to fix this. I click where it says, "Open this content in a new window" but after I login on the website and reload my launcher, I'm not logged in. I already had this game downloaded onto my old laptop and I had the launcher logged in. I've been trying for the past 2 days to get this game running. The game itself is fine. I just can't get my account to login on the launcher so I'm not logged into the game.

Message 1 of 9 (7,085 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I fixed the problem! All I had to do was manually download the newest Sims 3 patch (currently v1.5) and voila - the log-in pop-up on the launcher has been updated so your browser can accept it. From there, you can log in as per normal and update through the launcher from here on out Standard smile

Note: The newest patch can be downloaded here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-50-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

Make sure you download the 'super patch' - it's the 1.3Gb one. Once downloaded, just run the .exe file and everything else is automatic. Then open Sims 3 launcher again and re-attempt and log-in Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (6,950 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I've been having this problem too, but I'm on windows 7. I also can't login to the website on Internet Explorer (I have version 10) without opening a new window (clicking on the link) and I still am not logged in on the launcher. And because I'm not logged in, it won't let me install the expansion packs I'm trying to install...apparently the core game needs to update, but can't.

Message 2 of 9 (6,827 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Do you use a different browser when surfing the web?

Is Internet Explorer set as your default internet browser?

Are you using an anti-virus program? If so, add TS3.exe to your firewall exclusions.

Message 3 of 9 (6,823 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem! I've done some Google-ing and it's a new security "feature" that all the browsers have adopted.. apparently. Doesn't help me - I'm still Sims 3-less Frown

I've tried uninstalling IE completely, just had Chrome - still same message pops up. I've reinstalled and made it my default browser - still no luck Frown

Maybe EA has to change the format of the launcher login pop-up so it's not an iFrame?

Message 4 of 9 (6,816 Views)

★★ Novice

I fixed the problem! All I had to do was manually download the newest Sims 3 patch (currently v1.5) and voila - the log-in pop-up on the launcher has been updated so your browser can accept it. From there, you can log in as per normal and update through the launcher from here on out Standard smile

Note: The newest patch can be downloaded here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-50-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

Make sure you download the 'super patch' - it's the 1.3Gb one. Once downloaded, just run the .exe file and everything else is automatic. Then open Sims 3 launcher again and re-attempt and log-in Standard smile

Message 5 of 9 (6,951 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Glad you fixed the problem.

Message 6 of 9 (6,806 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi I too had this problem, but after updating my game it was fine.

Hope it helped.

Message 7 of 9 (5,396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you! I was going spare and was googling the problem, your solution came up as a link, worked like a charm and now my game is back up and running!

Message 8 of 9 (4,439 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks so much !

Message 9 of 9 (1,872 Views)