Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Can't purchase.

by emilly897

Original Post

Can't purchase.

★★★★ Newbie

Dear EA,

I tryed to buy the University Life expansion pack, fist from origin, but it says "You already have all the games in this order." Then, I tryed to go in The Sims 3 site, and see if it would work, but no. It's saying that happened a 404 error, so I can't even TRY buying on the site. That's sad, since I loved the pack. Well, I hope you guys from EA can help me out. ;=;

Message 1 of 4 (78 Views)

Re: Can't purchase.

@emilly897  The Sims 3 store doesn't handle cash transactions anymore; all that is now left to Origin.  There are a number of people who have been unable to buy University Life lately (as well as a couple of other packs), and there is no solution as of yet.  But there are a few workarounds you can try:

• Buy through the Origin website, rather than the app.  If there's another pack you'd like, you can try buying them at the same time.  You might get the message "you already have one of the games in this order," but the purchase should still go through
  • Buy the pack from an authorized third-party seller and register the code in Origin
  • Have a friend or family member with an Origin account gift you the EP, or create a second account and gift yourself

Until EA offers a proper fix, there's not much else you can do, unfortunately.  I'll post back if and when there's any news.

P.S.  The responders here are mostly your fellow players, not EA employees.

———————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (62 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
Well, first option: No, I already tryed with my phone and the site of Origin, but stills the same thing. Second, I live in Brazil, so the game has launched a few years ago, and they don't sell anymore. And the three, I tryed to gift my self, but it said I could not receive it. So... thx for trying, but it did not worked.
Message 3 of 4 (45 Views)

@emilly897  Can you buy a code from Amazon?  (Use Direct, which is Amazon itself, rather than Marketplace, which includes third-party sellers who may provide bad codes.)

The other option is to buy through Steam/Valve, but you'd have to buy a copy of the base game as well.  Still, if you wait for the next sale, which may come at the end of the year, prices will be significantly cheaper.  During the last sale, the base game and its packs went from $20 U.S. to $5 each.

———————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (38 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help