Re: Can't purchase.

by Emilly897

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't purchase.

★★ Novice

Dear EA,

I tryed to buy the University Life expansion pack, fist from origin, but it says "You already have all the games in this order." Then, I tryed to go in The Sims 3 site, and see if it would work, but no. It's saying that happened a 404 error, so I can't even TRY buying on the site. That's sad, since I loved the pack. Well, I hope you guys from EA can help me out. ;=;

Message 1 of 9 (669 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Emilly897  The issue with buying packs through Origin should now be fixed.  If you still have trouble purchasing, please let me know, and I'll pass that info on.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (514 Views)

All Replies

@Emilly897  The Sims 3 store doesn't handle cash transactions anymore; all that is now left to Origin.  There are a number of people who have been unable to buy University Life lately (as well as a couple of other packs), and there is no solution as of yet.  But there are a few workarounds you can try:

• Buy through the Origin website, rather than the app.  If there's another pack you'd like, you can try buying them at the same time.  You might get the message "you already have one of the games in this order," but the purchase should still go through
  • Buy the pack from an authorized third-party seller and register the code in Origin
  • Have a friend or family member with an Origin account gift you the EP, or create a second account and gift yourself

Until EA offers a proper fix, there's not much else you can do, unfortunately.  I'll post back if and when there's any news.

P.S.  The responders here are mostly your fellow players, not EA employees.

Message 2 of 9 (653 Views)

★★ Novice
Well, first option: No, I already tryed with my phone and the site of Origin, but stills the same thing. Second, I live in Brazil, so the game has launched a few years ago, and they don't sell anymore. And the three, I tryed to gift my self, but it said I could not receive it. So... thx for trying, but it did not worked.
Message 3 of 9 (636 Views)

@Emilly897  Can you buy a code from Amazon?  (Use Direct, which is Amazon itself, rather than Marketplace, which includes third-party sellers who may provide bad codes.)

The other option is to buy through Steam/Valve, but you'd have to buy a copy of the base game as well.  Still, if you wait for the next sale, which may come at the end of the year, prices will be significantly cheaper.  During the last sale, the base game and its packs went from $20 U.S. to $5 each.

Message 4 of 9 (629 Views)

★★ Novice
Welp, I have other 2 packs, so I would need to buy them too, if I wanted to buy by Steam. The end of year is coming... but, I don't get it. I think the sale still won't let me buy, but will wait to see what happens. Thx again @puzzleaddict
Message 5 of 9 (584 Views)

@Emilly897  If you buy a pack through Steam, you receive a code that you can register in Origin, and then you can download that pack through Origin instead of Steam.  You'd also have to buy the base game in Steam, of course.  But when it's on sale for $5, it's actually a deal—if you register that base game code to your Origin account, you get another 1,000 SimPoints for the store, which would normally cost $10.

The other possibility is that Origin itself will have a holiday sale.  During the Black Friday sale, there was a separate layout for all the discounted content, and that layout didn't throw the same "you already have all the games in this order" error.  The trick was to click on the sale banner across the top of Origin and then search from there, rather than going through the Sims 3 entry in your Origin library.  This approach worked for everyone who reported back.

Anyway, I hope you find a way to buy the content you want.  If and when EA has fixed the issue, I'll be sure to post back, but in the meantime, these workarounds are the best anyone can do.

Message 6 of 9 (577 Views)

★★ Novice
Okay, will wait and try. Will check Steam also, thx.
Message 7 of 9 (544 Views)

@Emilly897  The issue with buying packs through Origin should now be fixed.  If you still have trouble purchasing, please let me know, and I'll pass that info on.

Message 8 of 9 (515 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
Thanks! I saw, and it really worked... it's solved :D
Message 9 of 9 (489 Views)