Re: Can't log in to thesims3.com

by openhinatagal673

Original Post

Can't log in to thesims3.com

★★★ Novice

Hey guys. So after not playing the game for a few years, I decided to try logging into my account on thesims3.com. Apparently the password I have saved isn't the actual password. After trying a few different options I clicked forgot password, only to be taken to my EA/Origin account info. Now, my account on thesims3.com is listed on my info page as 'Game Specific Identites' but there's no option to edit anything about it. I've tried looking through old emails for a reset password link or any trace of info but teenage me was severely unorganized. Anyone know how to solve this issue? I'm seriously considering playing the game again but I really don't want to have to make a new account.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12 (576 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm so sorry you're having this issue! It looks like you'll need to contact CS to assist with lost/forgotten/merge accounts

if in the event you need to contact CS

1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2.Click on the orange NEXT button
3.Select a platform
4.Click on the orange NEXT button
5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
6.Click on the orange NEXT button
7.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

guide on how to contact CS

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Beta-Archive/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

Message 2 of 12 (551 Views)

@xomollykatxo  Can you get into your Origin account?  Does it list your sims games?  I log into thesims3.com with the same credentials I use in Origin, and my games show up fine.  The way I understand it, this is how things typically work—the two sites share info, and changing your password for Origin changes it for the Sims sites as well.  If this isn't working, clear your browser caches and try again.

If your Sims content isn't listed in your Origin library, then you likely registered your games under a different account.  If you can't remember the email you used, you might have a file in an old Sims 3 game folder that lists the email (the file would be in Documents\EA\TS3\Downloads).  Otherwise, you'll need to contact EA customer support so that someone on that end can help you figure things out.  It would help to have some proof of purchase or ownership (receipts; photos of discs, cases, inserts; etc.) on hand for the chat.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Or, you might find your game codes on your old computer.  If they've never been registered, you add them to your account; otherwise, provide them to the EA support rep to help track down your game.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/09/how-to-find-your-serial-number.html

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 12 (547 Views)

★★★ Novice

@openhinatagal673 I have tried this a few times today but every time I click 'Chat Now' I get the grayed out box where it should tell you how long it'll take to connect with a rep (pic attached) and then nothing. Not sure if they're closed until the new year or if there's just a ton of other cases they're working on but I don't know what else to do to get this resolved.

Message 4 of 12 (546 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Another layer to my problem is I have two Origin accounts. One for Sims 3 and one for Sims 4 because when I originally bought Sims 4, it would not let me download/play it on my Sims 3 account. I had to make the second one to be able to play it and have been trying to get the accounts combined for a while now but was told that I couldn't merge them together. I don't know if that's changed in the recent year but it's something that I've been trying to do. In addition, I tried signing in with my Sims 3 Origin account info but got the same 'invalid information' as when trying my saved username/password. I have so many different emails and such for both accounts that it's difficult to keep track of it all and since I don't know the passwords for certain things (thanks teenage me), consolidating everything is all the more difficult.

Message 5 of 12 (541 Views)

@xomollykatxo  I don't know how it used to be, but you certainly can merge accounts now.  This would be something for EA support to handle.  A support rep could also send a reset password email to the address on the account, and you could check your various email accounts until you found the right one.

Live chat is working too, at least for me.  Try changing your location to U.S.  Or use a different browser—I went with Firefox.  On the help site, I selected Sims 3 > PC > Manage My Account > Can't log in and had the chat option.  I initially saw the same window in your screenshot, but it took about a minute for an advisor to show up, at which point the chat window let me reply as well.

Message 6 of 12 (535 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Currently talking to a rep. Merging accounts can't be done because I don't meet certain conditions or something. Can't even make a new account and use the product codes because apparently when you register a game with a certain account, it's linked to it forever. *Sigh* Guess I'm stuck with two accounts. Really inconvenient as the reason I had to make two accounts was EA/Origins fault to begin with. 

Message 7 of 12 (531 Views)

@xomollykatxo  Can you at least access the account with your Sims 3 content now?  I know that having two accounts is annoying; I've asked around to see if anything can be done about it.  I'll let you know if anyone has more ideas.  (We'll see.)

Message 8 of 12 (520 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Yes. That part actually worked out. I just had to reset my S3 Origin account password and now I'm good to go with that. Thanks for asking around. I don't think there's anything that can be done though unless Origin changes their mind or makes it easier on their customers but I'm not exactly holding my breath for that.

Message 9 of 12 (517 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @xomollykatxo sorry to hear about your experience with EA support.

For issues logging in to thesims3.com It should be your Origin/EA account a password reset for that should work. If it still not working Clear cash and cookies for your browser also look in the browser have an update for you to do.

For an account merger, I would recommend that you request a call back from EA support instead and they should help you out. Standard smile

Let me know how it works out for you!

/Atic

Message 10 of 12 (445 Views)