Re: Can't log in to launcher or Sims 3 forums

by crinrict

Original Post

Can't log in to launcher or Sims 3 forums

★★★ Newbie

Hi so I haven't played the Sims 3 in a while so today I loaded up Origin and of course I had forgotten my password so I changed it and there were no problems with that. However, I can't log into the Sims 3 launcher, I put in my e-mail and my new password but it says it's wrong.

So I went to the Sims 3 forum and tried to log into them but once again my password is wrong, despite the fact I just reset it! I can log into Origin just fine and look at all my games but when I try to log into the forums or the launcher my password is wrong.

Can someone help me please?

Message 1 of 4 (510 Views)

Hero

Try clearing all your browser cache and if that doesn't work, contact a game advisor

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Good News!   I was going to try these instructions which I'd mostly already done before but hoped it might work:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Launcher-won-t-work-TS3-exe-won-t-work-either-launchin...
But anyway I went ahead and changed the location of my game from
G:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games     to
G:\Games\Origin Games 
I also just remembered that I used a "vanilla" backup copy of my un-modded game folder when I did this move so that could have played a part, though I doubt it.
And that seems to have finally fixed the problem. I was able to sign into the launcher for awhile at first then it stopped working after putting Origin into offline mode for a few minutes. And now it's finally fixed with a solution I didn't read anywhere on the many forum threads I read on this issue. Finally!  ^_^

I had changed my password earlier but that didn't help. I don't think that played a part in this solution but if someone is having this issue could it really hurt to do?

Message 3 of 4 (423 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Sims 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (387 Views)