Re: Can't log in to Sims 3 website!

by GalacticCat_12

Original Post

Can't log in to Sims 3 website!

★★★ Novice

I haven't been able to log in at all from the launcher, in game, or from the website - from the launcher nothing happens when I try to log in - the login window closes but the 'Log in' button is still there And from the website I just get a 'we're experiencing technical difficulties' message after inputing my details. 

This has been happening for months - I first noticed it when I installed University Life and went to download the limted edition content...

As you can see I can log in fine to Origin using the same account. 

Any advice? Anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 10 (8,759 Views)

Hero

For everything account related, please contact Customer Support

The AnswerHQ is about Users helping Users.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us/ask

Choose a category, a game and a platform for the contact options to show up.

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (8,691 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i also have been unable to log in to the sims 3 website with the account information i use with origin, and each time i attempt to do so, it says "invalid information."  i have repeatedly tried logging in, with repetitive failures.  when trying to reset my password, i am sent to my origin account management, which is not connected to my sims 3 account, nor am i aware of how to connect the two. i would love to resolve this problem a.s.a.p. as i am sure the original user would like to do so as well. any help and/or resolution would be genuinely appreciated!

Message 3 of 10 (8,370 Views)

Hero

If you used the same email, they auto-connect.

As stated above, only EA customer support can help you with account issues, so contact them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (8,368 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

yes,mee too having this problem.

Any idea if this is a bug or somethign like that?

please help me!!!

Message 5 of 10 (7,986 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

deleted

Message 6 of 10 (7,411 Views)

Hero

you're public myPage shows ok with a world and the base game registered so you should be all set.

If all sites are not working correctly, it's probably something blocking the connection.

Clear browser caches and make sure Orign and thesims3.com are added as exceptions to firewall and antivirus.

You can also try starting the game as administrator.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (7,406 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem! I always have 2 selections for passwords for everything!! I try to log into the website but it says 'Invalid Information' or something like that. I need to have a solution soon I am trying to build a victorian house and need some cc from the website. Let me know if you find any solution!

P.S I am contacting Origin right now.

P.P.S- Yes, I tried the "forgot my password" button and it leads me to my Origin account. It does not work for me AT ALL! Confusedmileymad:

Message 8 of 10 (3,206 Views)

Hero (Retired)

your the sims 3 and origin account use the same email and password if you changed  the password in origin you use that one for the sims 3 accout

if in the event you need to contact CS

1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2.Click on the orange NEXT button
3.Select a platform
4.Click on the orange NEXT button
5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
6.Click on the orange NEXT button
7.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

guide on how to contact CS

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Beta-Archive/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

Message 9 of 10 (3,203 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

SOLUTION: for windows users - find the folder C:\Users\[userid]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads

In this folder is a file with your email address as the file name, delete this file, restart The Sims 3 and now your origin login (email) and password will work normally.

Message 10 of 10 (2,985 Views)