Can't interact with house

by escapedpolarbear

Original Post

Re: Can't interact with house

★★★★★ Apprentice

So I switched to the Altos, who weren't a broken house, and they seem to be able to visit the houses...

Message 11 of 18 (562 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I'm just loading my second save... hope it works!!!
Message 12 of 18 (555 Views)

@escapedpolarbear  Alright, then it's time to try evicting your own sims and bulldozing and replacing their house, as described above.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 18 (554 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Will this cause all my furniture to be lost... because I am planning on moving soon, so should I wait?

Message 14 of 18 (546 Views)

@escapedpolarbear  No, this shouldn't delete any of your furniture.  And it's completely different than moving.  An in-game move won't reset your sims in any way or get rid of the potential corruption in your game.  The Edit Town evict/bulldoze/replace method will, although it's not foolproof.

As always, if you've made backup copies of your save, you can always revert to one of those should you not like the results of one of these troubleshooting steps.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 15 of 18 (538 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

OK thanks; I'll try it. I'm trying this all on a duplicate saved game - thanks for suggesting that!

Message 16 of 18 (523 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I THOUGHT OF SOMETHING, AND IT WORKED!

Basically, I teleported a sim to the Langeraks using testingcheats, and then 'buy on this lot'. I put the floors down, and when I returned to live mode, I could walk in as if it were my house

Thank you so so SO much for your help!!! Standard smile

Message 17 of 18 (4,139 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The 'no interactions available' thingy has gone now by the way - I can visit the Langeraks properly.

Message 18 of 18 (503 Views)