Re: Can't install stuff packs via Origin - DLC errors

by rumbutter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't install stuff packs via Origin (solved - thank you)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I tried to download Katy Perry Sweet Treats and Movie Stuff from my origin account today but I kept getting this error message: Click Here

But my copy of the base game was installed through origin. Please help - I want to install the games I paid for without this hassle. 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6 (845 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

this issue is cropping up lately (cancel that ) do not click on the download button in origin  right click the game icon in your origin where you see the  (information) button this will open another window that also has a download button click on that to install i'm sure crin has something about it in her blog will edit this post with a link

edit to add found it http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/09/dlc-compatibility-alert.html 

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (857 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

this issue is cropping up lately (cancel that ) do not click on the download button in origin  right click the game icon in your origin where you see the  (information) button this will open another window that also has a download button click on that to install i'm sure crin has something about it in her blog will edit this post with a link

edit to add found it http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/09/dlc-compatibility-alert.html 

Message 2 of 6 (858 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you very much for your help, rumbutter! What you suggested worked :-)

Message 3 of 6 (822 Views)

Hero (Retired)

welcomes  Standard smile  that's great to hear happy simming

Message 4 of 6 (807 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same error message coming up when I try to install Town Life Stuff and Outdoor Living Stuff. I have tried your advice but it still doesn't work. I've tried to update my sims 3 but the game launcher keeps freezing and won't load properly. I don't know how to resolve these problem. I have even tried updating adobe but it hasn't made any difference. 

Message 5 of 6 (802 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Message 6 of 6 (798 Views)