Re: Can't install Sims3Pack items?

by NobodyXIV14

Original Post

Can't install Sims3Pack items?

★★★ Novice

Okay, so when I download mods, I tend to use only the package files. However, some new items are Sims3Pack files only, and things broke last time I used a .package converter.

But my Sims 3 game is telling me, whenever I go to add or delete CC, that the launcher has stopped responding. It then closes the installation tab, NOT the launcher. How can I fix this?

Also, my game is updated to 1.69, and my operating system is Windows 10.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me.

Message 1 of 5 (806 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@NobodyXIV14 Some mods depend on the version of the game and the creator of the mod should be updating their mods. This is the problem of using player generated content. Some mods will change the game code and may work at first but could cause issues later on. You need to read the creator's documentation before trying to their mod. As mods are not controlled by EA it is hard to know how an out dated mod will work on an updated game. When a game is patched by the author there is no way of knowing how ALL mods will react. Therefore it is the responsibility of the user to research the mod.

Message 2 of 5 (783 Views)

★★★ Novice

The mods were nothing but items on new meshes, all updated for the patch.

But when I go to install them in the launcher, the launcher breaks. I tried uninstalling something off the Exchange, and it did the same thing. It closed the launcher when I tried opening the game, too.

I'm positive it's not the mods I have installed, because none of them have ever caused issues in the past. This is just a random thing that started happening. I tried deleting a cache file from another fix, I tried deleting all my saves, I even attempted to run without CC. None of the normal fixes are working right.

Message 3 of 5 (778 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@NobodyXIV14 try the factory reset - factory reset - this will tell you if the user data is causing the issue or the game itself has a problem.

Message 4 of 5 (775 Views)

★★★ Novice

I didn't want to do that for other reasons.

But I figured out what the problem was-- the specific download was preventing the game from working. Thanks for your help, though!

Message 5 of 5 (761 Views)