Re: Can't download content on my mac?

by gaa17

Original Post

Can't download content on my mac?

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

So i Have had my sims game for awhile now but just recently installed it on my new mac and I am able to play it fine but i'm not able to download any content from either the store or the exchange. When i had the game on my pc and i would press add to game, a screen would appear which a download bar and then after the bar was full the screen would disappear and the content would be in my sims launcher. However on my mac that screen doesn't apear and nothing appears in my launcher. It doesn't have anything to do with expansion packs because i tried to download riverview, which is free and it wouldn't download. I'm not sure what is going on. Does it have something to do with my settings? Help would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2 (90 Views)

Re: Can't download content on my mac?

★★★★ Pro

Hey Hey--

I have a Mac too.

One thing you should try is opening the game launcher first.  Then click the Download button.  For whatever reason, a while I noticed my launcher stopped working like you described.  If the launcher is open already though, and then I click the download button it starts downloading like it's supposed to.  (I hope this made sense.)

Also, are you sure your base game is up to date in it's patch?  To check, do not rely on the launcher's last tab.  Open the file "Version.tag" that is in your Sims folder (under Documents).  It's a text file that will tell you what version your base game is.  The number should start with 1.50. 

Message 2 of 2 (81 Views)