Can't download any of my sims 3 games

by PecanPuertoRican

Original Post

Can't download any of my sims 3 games

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have just bought the sims 3 starter pack with the late night & high end loft games included. The only reason why I bought this is because my ea origin account didn't download my first sims 3 game which had island paradise & future on it. Right now I am trying to download the new starter pack to play my island paradise & future sims 3 games. It goes to the wiz shield screen & download from the disk cause I do hear the disk running while suppose to be downloading, but the game never installed or it says play like it's been installed & I never got to the screen to install the code for it to be install. So when I get to the sims3 game menu and hit the arrow to start a new game a message pops up saying it doesnt recognize disk or cd to play game then everything freezes & I have to shut the labtop down all together just to close the sims 3 game. Now the funny thing about all this is years ago I bought all kind of expansion packs stuff pack games for sims 3 before we started playing it on origin. I have all the cd's for the games but don't have any of the codes to install them properly to play all of the sims 3 games. I am so stuck with this craziness, spent hundreds of dollars just to play sims 3 & can't even install or download the game right to play without origin giving me more problems than what I have. To put the icing on the cake is that I also have sims 4 games but thank god sims 4 play ok. Now if sims 4 play ok why can' I get my sims 3 to play right for me? Please somebody help me!!!!!

Edited for readability.  Please don't use all caps; it's considered shouting.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 1 of 3 (428 Views)

Re: Can't download any of my sims 3 games

[ Edited ]

@PecanPuertoRican  It would be easier to help you if you could please clarify what you own on disc, what you own in your Origin account (and if you have multiple accounts), and if you have access to the computer(s) where you'd previously installed the game.  The ways to install will differ depending on what you own.  Please also let me know if you've already tried to install TS3 on this computer another way.

I take it your current laptop is running Windows.  If you do have any other computers where TS3 was installed, let me know about their operating systems as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (411 Views)

Re: Can't download any of my sims 3 games

Hero (Retired)

@PecanPuertoRican The DRM (digital rights management) for this game when released was SecuROM and SafeDisc. As optical drives are disappearing from computers, SafeDisc is no longer a viable DRM method. Poor support (no support) of SecuROM and the fact that it was considered a rootkit was an issue. SecurROM had an install limit. When Windows 10 was released along with OSX no longer support the DRM of SecuROM. The DRM for this game is now Origin. There is no longer an install limit and you can download the installers for the game and packs. Proof of ownership has always been the code that is on the pamphlet when you buy/bought the game/pack. If you have access the the computer you played TS3 on before Origin you may be able to recover some (if not all) of the codes you used to install the game/packs from the registry if the computer is/was a Windows computer and has not have the operating system reinstalled. You take the codes and redeem those codes in your Origin account. Once the game/packs appear in the same Origin account you can download the games from there. You can use the discs but you can't patch the game for Origin and some of the packs will only work with Origin. If you don't have the activation codes you will have to contact EA customer service and see if they can verify ownership and they MAY issue a new activation code. Sims 4 always used Origin for DRM. When Microsoft and Apple decided to end support for SecuRom, EA developed a DRM Steam like method of Origin. Before Origin the DRM for this game was very loose. If you have several Origin accounts, EA customer service can merge these accounts into one account so your game and packs are all in one account. If you let other users use your codes the person who registers the codes in Origin is the owner.  hth

Message 3 of 3 (395 Views)