Re: Can't Install/Uninstall Riverview!!

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Can't Install/Uninstall Riverview!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have a problem that is bothering me a lot. At some point, I wanted to download Riverview, I installed it normally and opened the game. But when I came in to play, Riverview was not on the list of playable cities, I closed the game and opened the launcher, and Riverview was like an uninstalled world. I installed it again and uninstalled it several times, but I never got to play it. For some reason, it does not appear in InstalledWorlds, nor does it appear in the NonPackaged folder in the Worlds folder. I do not know what to do to get it out of my computer completely so I can install it properly. Some help?? Thank you Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (294 Views)

Re: Can't Install/Uninstall Riverview!!

@J00J_11  Uninstall it and delete the Riverview.Sims3Pack from Documents\EA\TS3\Downloads.  The original download may have been corrupted, so you can try downloading and installing it again.

If that doesn't help, the issue may be that the .ebc file Riverview is being installed into is corrupted.  Uninstall Riverview yet again and then pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents.  Open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, download a fresh copy of Riverview, and install it into the clean folder.  Launch the game to confirm that Riverview is on your list of worlds (you may want to briefly start a new save there, just to confirm that it works), and then quit.

Now you can transfer the installed Riverview into your old game folder.  The Riverview.world file can go from the new InstalledWorlds folder to the old one.  There will also be a file labeled dcdb0.ebc (with a zero) inside the new DCCache.  Before transferring it, you'll need to rename it so that its number is one higher than the highest numbered .ebc file in your old DCCache folder.  So if you already have dcdb0 through dcdb4, the new one should become dcdb5.ebc.  You can ignore any .dbc files, as those are custom (not store) content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (274 Views)