Re: Can i play the sims 3 on windows 8?

by bokavoy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can i play the sims 3 on windows 8?

★ Novice

Hi I was wondering if i would be able to play the sims 3 on origin on windows 8. I heard that some people cant play it and that some people can. I saw a video on youtube showing how to get it to work and that you have to right click on the launcher and click properties and then compatability and then windows 7 but since i have the sims 3 on origin when i click on the sims 3 launcher it pops up origin insted. I want to get a new computer but i want to find out if i will even be able to play the sims 3 on it. Plz reply  Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 1 of 4 (424 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

well for the origin shortcut right click then check the properties tab-compability  but some of my games are disk and the others downloads and they all have the game shortcut icon on the desktop and thats where i did the right click properties tab-compability mode run this programe in compability mode for windows service pack windows XP 3 and also admin rights for origin and the game

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (417 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

well for the origin shortcut right click then check the properties tab-compability  but some of my games are disk and the others downloads and they all have the game shortcut icon on the desktop and thats where i did the right click properties tab-compability mode run this programe in compability mode for windows service pack windows XP 3 and also admin rights for origin and the game

Message 2 of 4 (418 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Thanks so much this makes me happy! Now i know that i can update to windows 8 thanks!Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 3 of 4 (401 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

welcomes Standard smile and you know where we are if you need more help also some win 8 played have BitDefender on the computers that is known to cause aconflict with the sims 3 so they disable it temporriarly to play the game

p.s.

edit to add give admin rights to origin and the launcher i also admin rights the game icons too once you give admin rights restart the computer

Message 4 of 4 (392 Views)