Can I use my Sims 3 account as proof of purchase?

by Extravagantation

Original Post

Can I use my Sims 3 account as proof of purchase?

★ Novice

Back around 2012 or 2013, I had acquired all of the sims 3 expansion packs on my computer, but I didn't seem to link them to my origin account. However, on my page on the Sims 3 website, I have badges that I acquired from the game (example being the spooky day shenanigans badge). Is there any way that I can use these badges as proof of purchase? I have all of my game cases back at my parents' house, and I remember I would throw away the serial code papers after registering it (not the smartest idea, I know). Thanks to anybody who gets back to me on this!

Message 1 of 2 (234 Views)

Re: Can I use my Sims 3 account as proof of purchase?

Hero (Retired)

@Extravagantation  Did you register the game/packs on thesims3.com site? There is a space where the game/packs shows as owned on the my page tab. The badges only mean you completed something and has no connection to ownership. Do you have access to the computer you had the games on before and if that computer has not been reformatted the codes should still be in the computer's registry. Did you try to log into Origin with the same login for thesims3.com site?  The discs are generic (all the same) - what you are paying for is the activation code. With Origin you will not need a disc to play. Microsoft decided that with Windows 10 that it would no longer support SucuROM and SafeDisc the DRM the game was released with in 2009. In 2012 EA created Origin and made that the DRM. Origin is like Valve's Steam. With SecuROM once the game was activated the code was stored on the local computer and like Origin, once the game/pack was activated the code (what you paid for) is no longer needed. Also with Origin there is no longer an install limit. As this is an open public forum user accounts can not be accessed here. You need to contact EA customer service - EA customer service  to see if they can recover the codes from thesims3.com site.

Message 2 of 2 (218 Views)