Re: Can I transfer my Sims 3 Game(plus expansions) to another computer?

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I transfer my Sims 3 Game(plus expansions) to another computer?

★★★ Newbie

I have installed Sims 3 on my computer and added the Generations expansion. I just got a new expansion pack and a new computer. My current computer is going to be thrown away, so I just wanted to make sure that there is no chance I wil loose my game. Ive had issues with this before with Sims 2 and Im worried I will have the same problems . I had problems with the security code being already taken/invalid because I installed it on another computer. Is there another way to transfer the game that I am missing? or will it automatically allow me to install it on the new computer along with the Generations expansion pack?

Message 1 of 21 (98,304 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi melanieclairet,

Please register your games on the Sims website as explained here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Won-t-Let-Me-Register-My-New-Game/m-p/303436

After that you can always download and install your games from your Origin client. You can download the Origin client from here:

http://www.origin.com/download

Hope that helps!

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 21 (111,613 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi melanieclairet,

Please register your games on the Sims website as explained here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Won-t-Let-Me-Register-My-New-Game/m-p/303436

After that you can always download and install your games from your Origin client. You can download the Origin client from here:

http://www.origin.com/download

Hope that helps!

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 21 (111,614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I registered Sims 3 and all of my expansions in to Origin. I recently got a new laptop, downloaded Origin and started by downloading the original Sims 3. After it downloaded, it prepared to install but paused asking for a registration key. I unfortunately do not have access to any of my key's at the moment and thought that Origin would alleviate any problems like this. Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.

Message 3 of 21 (95,155 Views)

Hero

You have answer in your other thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Transferring-Sims-3-to-another-computer/m-p/1711833

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (95,143 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I see the EPs I want to transfer to my new pc registered on my sims 3 account at mypagethesims3, but they don't appear in my origin program so I can't transfer them. Any way anyone can help me? I'm looking to transfer: Pets, Island Paradise, Showtime and University Life but I can't for the life of me get Origin to acknowledge that I purchased them. I also tried to register the game files in origin on the old pc, but they come up as some kind of not origin thing. Even though the program files are in a folder marked origin. I've been trying everything I read online but none of it works. Please help me

Message 5 of 21 (66,181 Views)

EA Staff

@gjsiye Does the base game show up in Origin? If it does, can you see/download the expansions if you right click the base games tile and go to 'View Game Details'?

Message 6 of 21 (66,138 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes, sorry to panic on you. It did all show up on origin eventually, I don't know what changed. Thanks for responding

Message 7 of 21 (65,857 Views)
Highlighted

EA Staff

@gjsiye Glad to hear Standard smile

Have fun playing and don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any questions in the future!

Message 8 of 21 (65,800 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have done this and my sims game did download but I don't have the expansion pack or worlds with it and I did redeem my code in the sims 3 website
Message 9 of 21 (65,392 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LifeAsASim__9 The worlds should be available in the store in the old web site which is still up but you can't post. Packs should be available in Origin. click on the game icon - click on the small i and you should see all the packs you have and can download from there.

Message 10 of 21 (65,384 Views)