Can I play Sims 3 without internet connection?

by Kat141414

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I play Sims 3 without internet connection?

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys,

Is it possible for me to play sims without internet connection if I download it onto my Mac? Or do I need constant internet in order to play?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (19,814 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I play Sims 3 without internet connection?

Hero

No, you don't need a constant internet connection. You will need to verify the game once online but after that you can put Origin in offline mode.

Origin will start with the game but then just put it in offline mode to play. You do need to login.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (23,389 Views)

All Replies

Hero

No, you don't need a constant internet connection. You will need to verify the game once online but after that you can put Origin in offline mode.

Origin will start with the game but then just put it in offline mode to play. You do need to login.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (23,390 Views)

★ Novice

How do you select "offline" mode in Origin?  Is there a place you can just click on??

Message 3 of 7 (17,422 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Scorpina2009,

Yes, if you are already logged in Origin, you can use the menu Origin > Disconnect.

If you are not logged in, and you don't have an internet connection in the computer, you can log in anyway and you will be automatically in offline mode. However, keep in mind that to be able to log in while offline, you will need to have logged in with an active internet connection at least once before, so Origin can get and save your account information.

Let us know if you have any further questions Standard smile

-Mai

Message 4 of 7 (17,413 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much for your help. Standard smile  I finally got to play last night. 

Message 5 of 7 (17,408 Views)

EA app Team

That's great @Scorpina2009! Standard smile I'm glad you could play offline, so now you can play anywhere!

Enjoy your game!

Mai

Message 6 of 7 (17,403 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you !! Standard smile  

Message 7 of 7 (17,392 Views)