Re: Can I just buy TS3 expansions without registering my base game on Origin?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Can I just buy TS3 expansions without registering my base game on Origin?

★★ Novice

I've installed TS3 on my computer years ago but never registered my games. Recently, I've tried registering my games on Origin, but it keeps saying that my codes are wrong so I gave up on that. I just boot up the game from my CD and it works fine. Now, if I buy an expansion pack on Origin, will it work/ be compatible with my unregistered copy?

Message 1 of 2 (258 Views)

Re: Can I just buy TS3 expansions without registering my base game on Origin?

@Sea-kun  I've never heard of someone trying to download packs from Origin when they don't have the base game listed in their library.  I doubt it would work; Origin's configuration seems like it wouldn't support that.

If you ever registered your base game on the Sims 3 store site, then the code would already be in Origin's database, which would explain why you can't register it again.  And if you ever downloaded from the store, you would have needed to register a game first.  If you do have a store account, try signing into Origin with those credentials, and TS3 will already be in your library.  If you don't remember which email you used, you might find a file with its name in your TS3 game folder, specificallly in Documents\EA\TS3\Downloads.

If you can't get access to your store account, or you never had one, then you'll need to contact EA customer support to get someone to look into your code.  It would help to have photos of your disc and the case insert that has the code printed on the back.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (248 Views)