Re: Can I download sims 3 base game free on origin if I have disc version?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I download sims 3 base game free on origin if I have disc version?

★★★ Newbie

Hi, is there a way to download sims 3 base game free on Origin if I have the discs? I'd like to play the game on my pc that does not have a  disc drive but I don't really want to have to buy the game twice. If there is a way how do you do it? 

Thanks Katie x

Message 1 of 2 (1,569 Views)

Accepted Solution

@mollylove_joy  Yes, you can download the game from Origin for free, provided you have registered your disc copy or can do so now.  The same product code on the back of the insert in your CD case will allow you to add TS3 to your Origin account, or you can create an account at the Sims 3 store (store.thesims3.com) and register the code there.  The two share information, so the game will be added to your account in both.

If you get a message stating that the code has already been registered, it's possible you added it to your account a long time ago.  If you can't figure out what email account you used back then, you'll need to contact EA customer support to get it sorted out.  It would be useful to have proof of ownership—in your case, photos of the disc, case, and insert with the code—on hand for the chat.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If, on the other hand, you bought the disc used, then it's possible that the original owner already registered the code.  In that case, you'd have to buy the game again, as EA doesn't allow codes to be used twice or transferred between accounts.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,561 Views)

All Replies

@mollylove_joy  Yes, you can download the game from Origin for free, provided you have registered your disc copy or can do so now.  The same product code on the back of the insert in your CD case will allow you to add TS3 to your Origin account, or you can create an account at the Sims 3 store (store.thesims3.com) and register the code there.  The two share information, so the game will be added to your account in both.

If you get a message stating that the code has already been registered, it's possible you added it to your account a long time ago.  If you can't figure out what email account you used back then, you'll need to contact EA customer support to get it sorted out.  It would be useful to have proof of ownership—in your case, photos of the disc, case, and insert with the code—on hand for the chat.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If, on the other hand, you bought the disc used, then it's possible that the original owner already registered the code.  In that case, you'd have to buy the game again, as EA doesn't allow codes to be used twice or transferred between accounts.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (1,562 Views)