Re: Can I Play Sims3 on Origins on a different computer w/o having to install ag

by roberta591

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I Play Sims3 on Origins on a different computer w/o having to install again

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys!

I bought my Sims 3 and expansions physically (with the CD) and that's how Origin got installed on my laptop and all. I just want to know if i can still play Sims3 on Origins on a different computer without having to install it again.

Thanks for helping out!

Message 1 of 2 (310 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I Play Sims3 on Origins on a different computer w/o having to install ag

Hero (Retired)

@AlyFrhnh   This game has to run a your local computer so yes you have to install the game on each computer. User data is saved to each computer and matches the game installed on that computer. In other words your each install is independent of each other. You can manually copy the game data to continue playing a specific game and this would be like you bought a new computer and wanted to continue an existing game from an old different computer. Doing this would not update (or sync) as you would have to copy user data back and forth to play the same game. Origin is like Steam in that you can digitally download the game installers and Origin functions as the DRM for EA games that require activation.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (304 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@AlyFrhnh   This game has to run a your local computer so yes you have to install the game on each computer. User data is saved to each computer and matches the game installed on that computer. In other words your each install is independent of each other. You can manually copy the game data to continue playing a specific game and this would be like you bought a new computer and wanted to continue an existing game from an old different computer. Doing this would not update (or sync) as you would have to copy user data back and forth to play the same game. Origin is like Steam in that you can digitally download the game installers and Origin functions as the DRM for EA games that require activation.

Message 2 of 2 (305 Views)