Buying Sims 3 expansion packs through Origin.

by CinderellaGirl91

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Buying Sims 3 expansion packs through Origin.

★★ Novice

So I redeemed my physical Sims 3 games through Origin and I want to play the whole set, I currently do not have Island Paradise and Into the Future. Can I pay and download the games through Origin and they actually work?

Message 1 of 5 (402 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Buying Sims 3 expansion packs through Origin.

@CinderellaGirl91  Yes, absolutely.  As long as you buy the games on the same account where you registered your disc copies, all of your content will be available for download in your Origin library.

Just a note:  Steam is currently offering a sale on all Sims 3 packs: $5 U.S. each.  (The sale ends January 3rd at 10 am PST/6 pm UTC.)  You'd have to buy the base game in Steam first (another $5), but you'd pay $15 total to get the two packs instead of $40 through Origin.  Steam provides codes that you can register in Origin, just as you registered your disc codes, and then the packs will be added to your Origin library as well.  You'd also get 1,000 SimPoints (for store content) for free if you registered the extra base game code.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (390 Views)

All Replies

@CinderellaGirl91  Yes, absolutely.  As long as you buy the games on the same account where you registered your disc copies, all of your content will be available for download in your Origin library.

Just a note:  Steam is currently offering a sale on all Sims 3 packs: $5 U.S. each.  (The sale ends January 3rd at 10 am PST/6 pm UTC.)  You'd have to buy the base game in Steam first (another $5), but you'd pay $15 total to get the two packs instead of $40 through Origin.  Steam provides codes that you can register in Origin, just as you registered your disc codes, and then the packs will be added to your Origin library as well.  You'd also get 1,000 SimPoints (for store content) for free if you registered the extra base game code.

Message 2 of 5 (391 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for the reply! I had a look on Steam and the deals look so good, unfortunately I am playing on Mac and the games are only available on Windows.

One more question, I realised two games I cannot redeem them, they say I have already used the codes. I honestly don't remember doing this and do you know if there is anyway to find out?

Message 3 of 5 (385 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CinderellaGirl91  You can still buy games from Steam and register the codes in Origin, even on a mac; I did this a year ago.  But you do need to login to Steam on a computer running Windows in order to see the codes, since they won't even show up in mac OS.  (I borrowed my brother's computer for a minute, and everything worked smoothly.)

For the codes that were already redeemed, is it possible that you registered them to your Sims 3 store account?  Do they appear in your Origin library?  Origin and the store share information, so a pack registered on one platform will show up on the other, provided you're using the same account.  If you're not seeing your packs, click on the TS3 icon, then More > Expansion (or Stuff) packs at the bottom of your screen.  Any pack registered to you will have a Download button instead of Buy Now.

If you registered your packs to a different account, whether in Origin or the store, you can ask EA customer support to merge the two accounts for you.  A support rep can also look into where your codes went, if you can't track them down yourself.  It would be helpful if you could provide proof of ownership, like photos of the discs and the inserts with the codes printed on them.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 4 of 5 (379 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictthanks so much for the reply. I thought I had replied, it turned out I had a little issue with my Ambitions and Late Night expansion packs but managed to fix it. I called EA about the two games (Showtime and University Life) and I unfortunately cannot locate them and EA were no help so I'll have to repurchase them but since Steam has a sale it'll only be $14 or so. A little disappointed Katy Perry's Sweet Treats isn't available anymore. Thanks again for your help, I also managed to get my Sims Medieval working today too!!

Message 5 of 5 (347 Views)