Re: Buy mode blank tiles

by mrkwtrs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Buy mode blank tiles

★★ Novice

I have an issue where there are blank items showing in buy mode and they seem to be from expansions that I don't have.

I've tried deleting the various cache files and that hasn't worked. Anyone know of a way to get rid of these?

Thanks

Buy mode.png

Message 1 of 3 (692 Views)

Accepted Solution

@mrkwtrs  If I'm reading your screenshot correctly, it looks like the blank tiles are not only items from certain packs, but also saved versions or recolors of those files (hence the folder icon).  If I had to guess, I'd say that you installed some custom content that uses those items, and so your game now has data that points to the recolors, even if the items themselves don't exist in your game.

The quickest test is to pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content (and no installed custom content).  Open a new save and look at Build/Buy to see whether those items still appear.  If they don't, then the issue has to be something you installed into your old game folder, namely a sims3pack or perhaps some .package-based cc.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (687 Views)

All Replies

@mrkwtrs  If I'm reading your screenshot correctly, it looks like the blank tiles are not only items from certain packs, but also saved versions or recolors of those files (hence the folder icon).  If I had to guess, I'd say that you installed some custom content that uses those items, and so your game now has data that points to the recolors, even if the items themselves don't exist in your game.

The quickest test is to pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content (and no installed custom content).  Open a new save and look at Build/Buy to see whether those items still appear.  If they don't, then the issue has to be something you installed into your old game folder, namely a sims3pack or perhaps some .package-based cc.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (688 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

You guessed correctly, I was able to identify this mod as the culprit. It's the most recent one I installed, albeit that was in 2016. I haven't played the game for a long while.

Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 3 (676 Views)