Broken Simpoint Ads Play But Don't Pay

by lauravonawesome

Original Post

Re: Bonus Sims points on sims 3 store site

EA app Team

Hi everyone,

As you have already noticed, the option to watch ads is not available right now.

We are investigating the issue we have been talking about in this thread. We didn't want you to watch ads and not get the SimPoints in return, so we have temporarily disabled them while we look into it.

I will keep you updated in this thread with any new information.

Thanks for you patience,

-Mai

Message 101 of 156 (2,764 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Rosiee_1102,

I have moved your post to this thread, as it will explain why you are not getting the option to watch the ads.

We have disabled the ads because there was an issue with ads not rewarding with SimPoints after being watched. This means is not an issue with your computer or account, and unfortunately there's nothing you can do on your end to fix it.

Please, read my post above this one and let me know if you have any questions.

-Mai

Message 102 of 156 (2,760 Views)

Re: Broken Simpoint Ads Play But Don't Pay

★★ Novice

Don't see any ads for a few months now

Message 103 of 156 (2,726 Views)

Re: Broken Simpoint Ads Play But Don't Pay

EA app Team

Hi @ilenenel,

Usually ads appear only if there are any available for your country that day.

However, once they are enabled back, let us know if you can see them again or not, ok?

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 104 of 156 (2,719 Views)

Bonus Simpoints Web Ad

★★★ Novice

When will the Bonus Simpoints web ad be reactivated???

Message 105 of 156 (2,606 Views)

★ Novice

The ads are still not available. Frown They don't even appear on the page. Any updates on the problem? Will it be fixed, enabled soon?

Standard smile

Message 106 of 156 (2,451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@lauravonawesome @cecy0502 hello.... do they fix the problem???? i still dont see the ads.... but i dont know if it is just me or....

acording to the post title the problem is solved.... but.... Frown

Message 107 of 156 (2,371 Views)

★ Novice

Hi

I know EA have been trying to fix the Sim Point videos now for a while but they have disappeared for quite a time and lots of us have had the same problems with needing to watch the videos and getting the sim points to buy things that we really like and really want to play with and interact with in the Sims 3, I also know that it may be an issue that will take a little longer than hoped or expected though I believe that something should be done such as some content should be temporarily free of charge though this maybe something that is not possible.

I know as I am quite new to the Sims 3 Store other people may want this more than I do and they might want the content more but I think it is best if something is done as though the Sims 4 has come out and some of us still play the Sims 3 the game is still popular.

Message 108 of 156 (2,250 Views)

★★★ Novice

to answer your question the solved part is for the question being answered in a way that is acceptable to the one who asked. After your question has been answered then you can click on solved. Well as I understood it.

Message 109 of 156 (2,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

You understood it right, @arthena8504 Standard smile Usually the 'Accept as solution' button (only visible for who opened the thread) is there to let everyone know which post answers the question, or fixes the issue, and make the solution appear in the front page.

In this case, however, I marked myself the post as solution because the thread is quite long. As I tried to explain there, we are not considering this issue as fixed, but I marked my post as solution for it to be more visible. This way, you don't need to read all the thread to see the information I was sharing with you there.

For everyone wondering if I disappeared: I'm still here, I'll come back to you if I have any news to share.

Thanks again for your patience,

Mai

Message 110 of 156 (2,900 Views)