Re: Bonus Sims points on sims 3 store site

by Panda14616

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

An update would be nice. This issue has not been fixed or resolved.

Message 131 of 156 (2,372 Views)

★★ Novice

Doesn't typically take 6 months to fix something unless they aren't fixing the problem and just can't be bothered to say so.

Message 132 of 156 (2,252 Views)

★★★★ Novice

We're just 'dangling in the wind' here. No word for months about this issue. Frown On the Sims forums, I see Sims 3 players (previous and new) asking about the ads and the weekly special page that was broken before the ads stopped.

We were told they were "looking into it" months ago. The decent thing to do, if they're not going to fix anything, is to let us know! Angry

Message 133 of 156 (2,027 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Plot twist: the ads ARE coming back, but you'll have to pay $4.99 for each one you view.

I've given up all hope of the ads ever coming back. Not a worry for me, since I now own the store, but it would be nice to gift again (and make up the 600 SP that the store website took from me, since I'm still salty about that).

Message 134 of 156 (1,983 Views)

★★ Apprentice
It's been forever and there has been no word on any fixes!!!! I love buying stuff on the store and the only way that I was able to was through the ads!!
Message 135 of 156 (1,977 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Are we ever going to get any answers about this problem? Is it actually being fixed and addressed?

Message 136 of 156 (1,685 Views)

★★ Novice

I chatted with an EA customer service rep and asked that repairing the ads become a higher priority. Fingers crossed! I encourage everyone else to do it too, to show that we care about this feature.

Message 137 of 156 (1,564 Views)

Re: Broken Simpoint Ads Play But Don't Pay

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Mai

I know that for whatever reasons you probably aren't allowed to give us a proper, detailed answer like we want but the ads have been gone for months and we really haven't really been told anything other than that they were disabled to be fixed. This problem with the ads has been going on long enough now that we deserve to be given a real update about them and not just being told yet again that its being worked on.

When we don't hear any new news for a while about a problem like this we start to think that maybe the issues with the ads aren't going to get fixed and we will just be left in the dark not knowing anything. I understand that you are busy and that you cant and should not even be expected to spend all your time assuring us that the ads will come back but maybe if you can just post an update like once every few weeks just to let us know if the ads are still being worked on or not. Just let us know its not been forgotten.

Thank You

Message 138 of 156 (1,408 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Mai and @EA_Mage

It's over a year now. I know there are a lot of wonderful things happening with Sims 4, and at this point Sims 3 is basically the muttering uncle sitting in the corner. But there are a lot of us muttering in the corner. Some more lucidly than others.

Could you please do us the courtesy of an official response on the issue of the SimPoints ads. Many of us have come to accept that they have probably been retired. But some are holding on to hope that they might actually come back and are making decisions on Sims 3 store purchases based on that hope. This lack of response is also causing distress about the status of the store in general. If we could at least have an official response on the ads, and put that to rest as a stand alone issue, I think it would go a long way in making the Sims 3 community feel that we still have some value in EA's eyes. And, since the game is still being sold on Origin, I am hoping that that statement is true.

Message 139 of 156 (1,394 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I honestly don't see this problem ever getting fixed. EA doesn't care about what the customers want just getting more money.They are a * company and Sims 4 sucks!

Message 140 of 156 (1,895 Views)