Re: Bonus Sims points on sims 3 store site

by mailin32

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Mai I appreciate you taking the time to give us information about the Sim point ads problem. I also realize that everyone is busy but, it has been several months since we've gotten any updates and the problem still has not been solved.

Are the ads still being worked on and will eventually be returned?  Or are the Simpoint ads permanetly gone?

Message 121 of 156 (1,768 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was wondering this also. I check the store often to see if the ads are back. I'm torn between waiting for ads or spending actual money to finish up the store.

Message 122 of 156 (1,728 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Guys, it's been 6 months since the ads stopped working and were pulled from the site. At this point, I'll be surprised if they ever come back, and EA has probably just been giving us lip service the whole time because... it's EA.

I feel bad for Mai, because she's done all she can do, which is notify the team of the problem and relay info as it becomes available. But, until the person with the power to fix this does something, we won't see any changes; if EA wanted to fix this, it'd have been done by now.

-von

Message 123 of 156 (1,694 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@lauravonawesome I was thinking the same thing.  Raised eyebrow  What a way to treat such loyal customers.  Disappointed    I really do hope they fix it, because it was a lot of fun to get points accumulated and gift things to friends, and pick up some stuff for myself as well.  I already spent a TON of $$ on the packs, so I liked the idea of getting these extra store items for "free"! Standard smile  Standard smile

Message 124 of 156 (1,690 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Agree and want get a gift for my niece but don't have enough Simpoints since the ad been disable for six months

Message 125 of 156 (1,668 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The only reason they haven't fixed this problem is because they will lose money if people watch ads instead of paying for points. All ea cares about is making money not releasing quality products or listen to what there customers are talking about.

Message 126 of 156 (1,582 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Actually @Panda14616 I think they were making more money buy us watching the ads. We were paid 5 cents (U.S.) for each ad we watched and I bet the ad companies were paying EA more than that. (Not sure how much more though). More than likely the reason why EA refuses to fix the ads and everything else wrong with the store .....Like the sales page..... is because they are trying to force us into playing their closed world Sims 4.

Message 127 of 156 (1,499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any update on bringing back the ads for free simpoints? I'm really looking forward to buying more stuff for Sims3.

Message 128 of 156 (1,369 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know that the ad feature probably won't come back for a while (if at all!) but I also feel like as soon as I buy points with money the ad feature will come back immediately after

Message 129 of 156 (1,350 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I thought the same thing, but that was months ago and it still hasn't happened.

I don't see the ads coming back until after I own the store, if they come back at all.

Message 130 of 156 (2,266 Views)