by pzameister

Original Post

Re: Broken Simpoint Ads Play But Don't Pay

★★★★★ Apprentice

Your English is fine.

Message 81 of 156 (1,388 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@cableguy33333~ I've had multiple tabs open in the past. I've also tried watching ads with only one tab open at a time, and those ones don't pay either.

I don't see why EA would care how many tabs we have open. They make their money as soon as we click on the ad, plus there's no rule against it: their FAQ page openly encourages players to watch multiple ads so that they can 'save for a set', as it says, so I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Thankfully, OE will be commanding my attention this week. I guess I'll  just cross my fingers and hope they fix this while I'm away. If they don't, I might just buy a SP bundle when I can afford it (and who knows when that will be, since my operation was 5 months ago and I still can't walk, let alone go to work) and EA will never see another dime from me again.

I've had it up to my eyeballs with you, EA. Just fix this and get on with it, k thanks.

Message 82 of 156 (1,369 Views)

★★★ Novice

I only watch one video at a time also. Still not paying.

Message 83 of 156 (1,361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@cableguy33333

I only watch 1 video at a time - and yes it is still not working. 

@EA_Mai - I just thought of another thing that is different since this problem started showing up:

From my experience, usually when they put some new Ads in the line-up to watch it will work for a few days - but that did not even happen this last time.

And the Ads used to only show up randomly to watch - then they always paid.  But now that you can watch endless videos everyday all day long is when the problem seemed to show up for me. I am not sure but is each person only supposed to get so many per advertiser?.

Since the small print under "The Get Free Simpoints" button says: (*The number of videos available to view per user will vary depending on inventory. SimPoints may take up to 24 hours to appear after viewing a video.)

I do not remember anyone posting this change since the problem started - So I hope this information helps some

Thanks @EA_Mai for your help - Hope you have a Great weekend :eahigh_file:

Edit/Add on comment:   

So I am wondering since the Ads now continually show up everyday - all day long (basically unlimited Ads to watch), instead of just the "limited" inventory the sponsors want to play/pay  - maybe that is the problem. Only now instead of some paying none pay anymore. It is a different idea to check on anyways 

Message 84 of 156 (1,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Catlee2~ now that you mention it, I noticed that as well... Infinite ads, but none of them paying; I thought it might have been due to my irregular schedule (my husband works nights, so I'm typically awake when most people here are asleep); not many people are up during those hours=more ads for me, since I used to get the bulk of my ads after 10 PM (my local time) anyway, so nothing seemed off. But hearing someone in a different country say the same leads me to believe that your theory makes perfect sense.

Just stopped in to see if any progress had been made, and I heard people saying that ads had disappeared completely. That's true for me as well, so I hope that this means something is being done.

Message 85 of 156 (1,236 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yay! They gave me 5 whole points for all the ads I've watched in the last month!! How exciting!!! <--- Sarchasm!! Wink

Message 86 of 156 (1,224 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@lauravonawesome

@EA_Mai

My Ads disappeared too. A couple popped up to watch then they went away and I actually have simpoints this morning from the couple I watched - YAY Standard smile

@Shannon4J Glad to hear you got something, lol   - did your Ads disappear now as well?

So hopefully the endless Ads was the problem and it will be fixed now. Guess we will find out soon enough

Message 87 of 156 (1,212 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Catlee2:

Yes, they are gone.  I cannot access the store on my computer, only on my phone, but no ads are available.  Maybe it's a step in the process of being fixed?  One could hope, right? Standard smile

Message 88 of 156 (1,205 Views)

EA app Team

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to clarify something - we are not restricting anyone from watching ads just because you posted in this thread. We do value your reports, they help us know which is exactly the situation for you.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but this issue is still being looked into. I will keep you updated in this thread.

Thanks for your patience,

Mai

Message 89 of 156 (1,194 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The bonus video icon button  not showing up at Sims 3 store so what gives?

Message 90 of 156 (1,480 Views)