Re: Broken Simpoint Ads Play But Don't Pay

by fronsac2

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

@xSnows~ you are most welcome Standard smile

If the ad issues only started for you 3 days ago, you're one of the lucky few: most of us have been experiencing it for over a month now, and it's starting to drive me crazy.

I look at it this way: if EA wanted to fix it, they'd have fixed it already. We know it, and they know it.

As with any company, the only people who care in the slightest (ie: those on the front lines) are powerless to do anything about it and have to deal with irritated customers until someone with the power to do so decides they want to do something about it.

I wonder what would happen if someone reported this, re: the company making promises they purposely don't deliver on. Pretty sure that most industrialized countries have some sort of consumer protection laws in place for that. In the meantime, I'll probably re-enable my ad blocker for the TS3 site so that I'm not tempted (and I highly recommend everyone else does the same).

Two can play at that game, EA.

Message 61 of 156 (1,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

저도 지금 이 현상으로 심포인트가 전혀 들어오지 않고 있습니다. 15일 넘게 그런것같네요. 예전엔 배너를 클릭하고 시청할때마다 심포인트가 잘 들어오고, 몇편 보고나면 더이상 배너가 뜨질 않았는데 지금은 배너를 아무리 클릭하고 시정해도 심포인트는 들어오지 않고 배너는 계속 나타나있습니다. 이 문제때문에 로그인했습니다. 왜 이런걸까요? 제 계정의 문제를 빨리 해결해주셨으면 좋겠습니다.

Edited by EA_Mai: @fronsac2, please, remember you should post in English in this forum, as everyone should be able to understand you. You can find the Answers HQ rules here. If you want to write in Korean, you can contact our advisors through EA Help. Thank you.

Message 62 of 156 (1,499 Views)

Not receiving my bonus simpoints at all after watching the bonus simpoint ads

★★ Novice

I've spent hours so many times during the past 8 months watching bonus simpoint videos to no avail except during the wee hours of the night 2 weeks ago.

It's very disappointing when the ad sponsor pay for us to watch the ads whule EA Sims 3 store doesn't pay us.

I hope it is fixed soon.

Message 63 of 156 (1,427 Views)

Re: Not receiving my bonus simpoints at all after watching the bonus simpoint ad

★★ Novice

Something is definitely wrong with the free SimPoint function! For the last 4 or so days, I've had the same ad play every time I push to watch a video, and then...no SimPoints.

And, on a completely different note: the worlds, and some cc, that I downloaded from here won't work on my other computer. I paid for them, so I'd like to be able to use them in the game this site is supposed to cater for.

I'm normally a very nice and reasonable person. Please inform your customers if this site is going to hell, so that we may spend our SimPoints before the ship goes down.

Message 64 of 156 (1,414 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm somewhat glad to see that I'm not the only one having this problem but it is making me really frustrated that they still haven't done anything to fix it....

Message 65 of 156 (1,463 Views)

Re: Not receiving my bonus simpoints at all after watching the bonus simpoint ad

★ Guide

@LLee5620 & @BettyNurse

I have had this same problem for a long time - it was fixed for a few days a while back, but they have not paid for a long time again.

There is another thread you should check out and click the "me too" button. This is a ongoing issue that EA_Mai has been collecting everyone's information and turning it over to the department working on the problem. (I am glad she has been spending the time trying to help all of us with this issue) The more people that click the "me too"  (and supply details on which ads pay and which do not) maybe it will help them track down the problem and be able to fix it. http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Broken-Simpoint-Ads-Play-But-Don-t-Pay/m-p/6082311#M222536

It benefits the sponsors with everyone watching the ads, and then we are supposed get "paid' for our time with incentive simpoints.  I personally really like the Ad watching incentive simpoint bonus when it is working. So I hope they fix it instead of just stop doing it.

Message 66 of 156 (1,402 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Well, I re-enabled Adblock Plus on both my laptop and my PC. It's been 3 days, so I tried running an ad on my husband's computer and *surprise* it didn't pay. Sigh.

In that case, it's back to no ads for me. You're not making any more free money off me, EA.

Message 67 of 156 (1,421 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have been popping on once every 2 or 3 days: 1) to see if an ad pays out immediately and 2) to check if my points have been paid, nope, none since I've been keeping track starting on June 11th.  I didn't really think to keep track before that.  I had a few good runs where probably 30-40 ads played through & I got the "thank you for watching" but never got 1 simpoint, so I am missing a LOT of points and am not able to buy anything from the simstore. Frown  They don't care, they got their money!

Message 68 of 156 (1,410 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ok my latest theory is are only people who had an expansion banned have been affected ? or the fact that origin can ban your expansions suggest they could also ban you from gaining sim points, we all know it's there end and the software needed for them to move 5 pts from one account to another after someone has pressed a button and watched video is minimal, it's an extremely easy fix so to me it suggests EA are deliberately blocking us from getting points.

Message 69 of 156 (1,395 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My expansions have been fine and haven't been banned and the problem has been affecting me 

Message 70 of 156 (1,392 Views)