Re: Sims 3 Store Specials, Login, and Make Me An Offer Broken

by Penguin_409

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

It seems that some simpoints were added to my account today. I hope this means good news!

Message 51 of 156 (1,620 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Nothing works for me still. The stupid caddellac one that never finishes is STILL here, and the ones that do finish still don't give simpoints.

I'm in America, if that information is useful.

Message 52 of 156 (1,607 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Well, that was short-lived: just a few minutes after those 3 ads, they stopped paying again. Haven't run across any yet today (for testing purposes), but will update this later if I do.

ETA: As of 4 PM Atlantic time, ads are back but they still don't pay.

Message 53 of 156 (1,588 Views)

Re: Broken Simpoint Ads Play But Don't Pay

★★ Apprentice

I have same problem, seems like EA dont care so the only solution is stop watching the adds which I no longer do, eventually they will realise no one is watching and have to fix issue

Message 54 of 156 (1,548 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@cableguy33333~ of course they don't care. Why would they? We're basically giving them free money when we click on these ads in the vain hope that we'll be compensated.

My advice to everyone: other than testing one or 2 ads a day, stop clicking. I bet they'll fix this real fast when the sponsors are breathing down their necks because they aren't getting the clicks they paid for.

Message 55 of 156 (1,540 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been having the same problems as well, and it's been happening for weeks! It is very frustrating when i click the ads, patiently wait for the ads to finish, see the sponsor pay message pop up and yet my sim points don't budge at all. Sure, some points may get added after a while, but the rest aren't there, and I rather have points added while I finish the ads, not a while later.

Message 56 of 156 (1,507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Logged in just now to see that 150 SP have been credited to my account.

I tried clicking on an ad to test, but it's the kind that doesn't play on my PC; will give it a shot on my laptop next time I'm near it. Hopefully this means someone is working on something.

ETA: found an ad I could test and it still did not pay out. I'm starting to wonder how hard this could possibly be to fix: I know nothing about computers or coding, but my husband is a PC tech who does have a knowledge of both. Will see what he says.

ETA 06/18 woke up this evening to see that 20 sp had been credited to my account. Those match up with the 3 I tested yesterday and 1 from early this morning. I tried 2 others (one around 8 am and the other just now), though neither has paid out.

When I asked my other half, he simply replied with "they don't want to fix it or they would have by now."

Message 57 of 156 (1,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the same problem of ads playing and going through to the "Thanks for watching!" screen but not crediting SP.

This only started for me about 3 days ago, before that all the ads that played paid within 24 hours. Around this time I also started getting a lot of the "sorry ad not available" ads.

My launcher also bugged and didn't show my stuff/expansion packs as installed when they showed up in Origin, (this was quickly fixed by repairing game through Origin though). My point being a lot of problems seemed to start occurring about 3 days ago.

Did something happen to trigger these errors? Do I just wait for it to magically work again or do I need to contact someone?

Any help would be appreciated!

p.s. I am in Australia if that matters

Message 58 of 156 (1,406 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@xSnows~ the latest Origin update deleted EPs from a bunch of people's accounts; mine was affected as well, as Showtime was removed from my account briefly (a Windows update was what fixed it, strangely.

Still, this issue is completely separate from what's happening with the ads (though I think it's a general EA-simply-doesn't-care-to-fix-it situation.

Message 59 of 156 (1,380 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ahh I see, thanks for letting me know @lauravonawesome. The problems I had all started around the same time, so thought they might have been related Thinking

Message 60 of 156 (1,359 Views)