Re: Broken Simpoint Ads Play But Don't Pay

by lauravonawesome

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Same here, can watch an endless amount of ads but no points being paid out whatsoever.

Message 11 of 156 (2,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi all,

I have merged a couple of messages from other thread to this one, as they were posted in a thread about another issue. Please, remember to keep the threads on topic Wink

I'm going to forward your reports, thanks for letting us know about it! If I have any information for you, I'll post it here as soon as possible.

For now, those of you who have this issue, please remember to press the 'Me too' button in the first post if you haven't done it already.

Thanks again, and sorry for the inconvenience,

Mai

PS: I'm marking this post as solution for visibility. We are not considering this issue fixed.

Message 12 of 156 (6,495 Views)

sims points

★★ Novice

I thought they fixed the sims points? it doesn't look like they fixed it yet. i am just wondering when it will be fixed. i watched over 20 videos to get sims point since i can't buy sims points with real money. This seems to happen to me a lot and i don't know why but i also live in the united states too so i don't know whats going on.

Message 13 of 156 (1,987 Views)

Re: sims points

EA app Team

Hi @TheAdorkableOne,

I've merged your thread here as we are talking about this issue in this thread, please take a look to the post marked as solution Wink

-Mai

Message 14 of 156 (1,982 Views)

Re: sims points

★★ Apprentice

Thank you for looking into this. At this current time I can confirm a new couple of ads - one for a Prius and one for a Toyota - reward points now. However,  one old one for a Cadillac however, never "completes" and gives the okay button to receive points, as was the case for this ad before. Please remove this ad, or fix it.

Message 15 of 156 (1,953 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Maithanks for looking into this. As of now, it's been ~4 days and I have not received any SP for the ads I watched; I tried one just now to see, and it didn't pay either.

I'm hearing that the ads are fixed for some people. and I'd love to see them fixed for me as well.

Message 16 of 156 (1,951 Views)

please fix the ads because i don't receive simpoints for them

★★★★ Novice

I watched videos several days but didn't receive any simpoints for them.

Message 17 of 156 (1,950 Views)

Re: please fix the ads because i don't receive simpoints for them

EA app Team

Hi all,

@Nhizariak,

It seems yours is a different issue then, as others in this thread are not getting any SimPoints at all. Thanks for the info!

@Maria1875

I've merged your post to the thread we are talking about this issue. Please, check the post marked as solution.

Thanks!

Mai

Message 18 of 156 (1,941 Views)

Re: please fix the ads because i don't receive simpoints for them

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Actually I was experiencing the same issue, but that's mostly fixed now - ads that appear to complete, actually are rewarding points like they say they are. However, while you're still working on this, I'm reporting a similar issue. There's still a couple of ads that don't load right, one of them gets stuck on a message saying "Thank you for your patience while we load your video", and a couple others just don't show anything but a black screen when I get them by random chance. The problem is I can't identify these, since they're just black. It seems I get this problem about 4 out of 10 times  I click on an ad, more or less - but at least now the rest work.

If it's any help, it's mostly the "large" ones that do this. The ones that open windows about three times larger than the standard size most of the other ads are. This same width/height size ratio is also used for a couple other ads that /do/ work - ones  that actually redirect you to articles, like a newspaper ad, for 30 seconds. One that directs to a page with the domain "well good", and another that directs to some site or title with the word "fun" in it. It's been a while since I've seen this, I can't remember exactly what it was called. Funamation or something weird like that. Both of those worked - but many of the others that open in windows the same size aren't loading.

EDIT: Since the last few hours I've been getting more and more of the ads mentioned above. It's more of an 8 out of 10 now. Ads that don't load at all. Where'd the functional ones go? ;-;

Message 19 of 156 (1,935 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

HI @EA_Mai ~ just letting you know that, as of posting this, my ads all seem to be working as normal and are paying out as they should. I hope it stays fixed, and will keep tabs on it to make sure this issue is resolved for good.

This was super frustrating for many of us, and I appreciate you taking the time to look into this for us. Thank you so very much for all of your help!

Message 20 of 156 (1,922 Views)