Bought and installed Seasons, Sims is now crashing every 5 minutes ):

by catmarie1994

Original Post

Bought and installed Seasons, Sims is now crashing every 5 minutes ):

★★★ Newbie

I recently installed Seasons Ep. Before then gameplay was normal, and occasional crash, but only after long periods of time and very uncommon. Since installing it has crashed each time I go into the game, normally within 5 minutes. Also have an issue in CAS (Create a Sim) where the new type of outfit is causing irregularities in the CAS. What i mean by this is when trying to choose the 'outdoor wear' (not sure what it's called, didn't get to look it for long...) the outfits won't change when you select them. The game doesn't freeze, it just doesn't acknowledge you having clicked it (the box edge lights up but nothing else happens). The sim continues doing the basic moving. Then if you try to select out of that section, the other sections (i.e. basic information) will not have all the graphics. The box that has everything on it is completely rectangular (no curved edges) and a dark blue/black.
I have no custom content, only the content on the discs.

• What is your operating system
    - Windows 7 (completely updated)
  • At what point does your game crash ? Any regularities ?
    - roughly 5 minutes in. Doesn't seem to be a trigger, first couple times it was in CAS, last time I got past CAS and when choosing a home it crashed.
  • How long can you usually play ?
    - roughly 5 minutes
  • Which EP/SPs do you have installed ?
    - WA, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons.
  • Are you using custom content and mods in your game ?
    -No, just the disc game content.
Message 1 of 3 (116 Views)

Re: Bought and installed Seasons, Sims is now crashing every 5 minutes ):

★★★ Newbie

@catmarie1994 wrote:

I recently installed Seasons Ep. Before then gameplay was normal, and occasional crash, but only after long periods of time and very uncommon. Since installing it has crashed each time I go into the game, normally within 5 minutes. Also have an issue in CAS (Create a Sim) where the new type of outfit is causing irregularities in the CAS. What i mean by this is when trying to choose the 'outdoor wear' (not sure what it's called, didn't get to look it for long...) the outfits won't change when you select them. The game doesn't freeze, it just doesn't acknowledge you having clicked it (the box edge lights up but nothing else happens). The sim continues doing the basic moving. Then if you try to select out of that section, the other sections (i.e. basic information) will not have all the graphics. The box that has everything on it is completely rectangular (no curved edges) and a dark blue/black.
I have no custom content, only the content on the discs.

• What is your operating system
    - Windows 7 (completely updated)
  • At what point does your game crash ? Any regularities ?
    - roughly 5 minutes in. Doesn't seem to be a trigger, first couple times it was in CAS, last time I got past CAS and when choosing a home it crashed.
  • How long can you usually play ?
    - roughly 5 minutes
  • Which EP/SPs do you have installed ?
    - WA, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons.
  • Are you using custom content and mods in your game ?
    -No, just the disc game content.

I don't know if this helps but I have the DXDIAG INFORMATION

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
@Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Driver Date/Size: 7/20/2011 06:39:54, 8310272 bytes

I'm not a complete wiz at computers, but I do have to rest of the dxdiag info if needed, i'm not sure how it helps but yeah (:

Message 2 of 3 (112 Views)

Re: Bought and installed Seasons, Sims is now crashing every 5 minutes ):

Hero

Could you post the DxDiag part about your graphic chip. Might be below specs.

You can try lowering your graphic settings and turn of mirror reflections to see if that helps.

another option is to try the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (105 Views)