Baby glitch

by HoboMuffins

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Baby glitch

★★★ Newbie

So I obviously have Sims 3 but it wasn't until I got the DLCs that I had problem with having babies.  I have the following DLCs:

-Ambitions

-Generations

-Town Life Stuff

-Movie Stuff

-Seasons

-University Life

-High-End Loft Stuff

-Late Night

-Pets

Every time my lady goes to give birth at the hospital (or at home) she has infinity babies and I'm stuck in a nonstop loop of her having babies. The square profiles pop up but it is just empty space.  And I can't do anything  but have babies. How can I get this to stop? Do I have to undownload a DLC?

Message 1 of 2 (439 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Baby glitch

@HoboMuffins  This is a known glitch that has been around for years, maybe since the base game was released.  It has nothing to do with how many packs you've installed.  It's not a common occurrance, but it does pop up from time to time.

Without mods, the only thing you can try is to quit without saving, delete the cache files in your game folder in Documents, reload, and hope that it doesn't happen again.  For reference, the cache files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Sometimes, quitting, deleting those files, and reloading fixes the issue.  Other times it doesn't.  The only surefire way to prevent the problem entirely is to use a mod that can't be discussed here.  But if you want to go that route, ask on the NRaas site.

https://www.nraas.net/community/chatterbox

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (433 Views)

All Replies

Re: Baby glitch

@HoboMuffins  This is a known glitch that has been around for years, maybe since the base game was released.  It has nothing to do with how many packs you've installed.  It's not a common occurrance, but it does pop up from time to time.

Without mods, the only thing you can try is to quit without saving, delete the cache files in your game folder in Documents, reload, and hope that it doesn't happen again.  For reference, the cache files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Sometimes, quitting, deleting those files, and reloading fixes the issue.  Other times it doesn't.  The only surefire way to prevent the problem entirely is to use a mod that can't be discussed here.  But if you want to go that route, ask on the NRaas site.

https://www.nraas.net/community/chatterbox

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (434 Views)