Ask a

by slyytherinn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ask a

★★★ Apprentice

Hello! So i was having issues with isla paradiso (doesnt matter) so i moved my sims to a new town (forgot the name) and upon moving them and checking my sims.. my male sim’s eylids are shut? He’s just walking around with his eyes shut. I’ve gone into CAS to try and see what the issue is and nothing is fixing it. I do use CC, but minimal (only about 5-6 pieces) i’ve also tried resetting him. I don’t want to delete him because he’s married and has 2 babies.. Frown

Message 2 of 3 (877 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sims 3 game keeps freezing every few seconds

[ Edited ]

@slyytherinn I've split your comment into its own thread because the previous thread was quite old.

EA's version of Isla Paradiso is so broken that it's almost unplayable, as you're seeing.  You could try to edit it to see if it helps.  A player named ciane fixed the world herself and documented all the changes necessary to make the world run smoothly, so you could copy her work if you'd rather not move your sims.  (Or you could download her fixed version of IP for the next time you want to play there.)

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag

If these fixes don't help, or you don't want to do all that work right now, you can temporarily reset all sims in town any time the game is lagging horribly.  A stuck sim will drag down performance, and IP has plenty of places for sims to get stuck.  Open the cheats console (crtl-shift-c) and enter "resetsim *" without quotes (yes, the asterisk), and every sim in the world will be reset, including your own.  If you don't want that, you can reset them individually with "resetsim firstname lastname," but you'd have to find the stuck sims first.

When you move your sims, it's also better to save them to the bin and then place them in a new save, quitting to desktop and clearing your cache files in between.  I'm not sure whether you can save a pregnant sim to the bin, but you can always try.  Just go to Edit Town and click on the household's map tag to see the option.  It's best to save the house separately, if you want to keep it; you'll need to evict the sims first to do so.

Also, for what it's worth, the features of the IP expansion pack work just fine in any world that has room for them and deep enough water.  So you can play with those features in other EA worlds, or custom ones made by other players.

Okay, I just saw your new thread, and it sounds like you don't need any of the above anymore.  (I also merged your threads; it's best to keep to one thread when troubleshooting a specific issue or save.)

The first and easiest thing to try is to remove the cc from the sim and then clear your cache files.  You could always try deleting the cache files first, to see whether it helps.  They tend to fill up with stale data and should be deleted regularly even in the absence of game issues, and certainly whenever you start a new save or move your sims to a new town.  For reference, those files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that alone doesn't help, take your sims into CAS and remove all cc.  (You can try putting it back later when he's fixed.)  If you don't use mods, you can reach CAS by bringing up the cheats console (crtl-shift-c) and entering "testingcheatsenabled true" without quotes, then shift-clicking on the sim and selecting Edit in Create a Sim.  Be sure to turn off the cheat ("testingcheatsenabled false") when you're done.  Then save, quit (separate step—it's best to save first and then quit without saving), clear your cache files again, and reload.

If that doesn't help either, you can try evicting the household and moving them back in via Edit Town.  As long as you don't save the sims themselves to the bin and replace them with their bin copies, they'll keep their jobs and any relationships they've formed so far.  They will however lose their promised wishes and opportunities.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (873 Views)

All Replies

My Sims 3 game keeps freezing every few seconds

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Just started playing the game after a year and moved my new household to isla Paradiso and i’ts freezing every few seconds, so i’m moving them back to apaloosa plains or the city, but I can’t do so right now because my female sim is pregnan Angry

Message 1 of 3 (882 Views)

Re: My Sims 3 game keeps freezing every few seconds

[ Edited ]

@slyytherinn I've split your comment into its own thread because the previous thread was quite old.

EA's version of Isla Paradiso is so broken that it's almost unplayable, as you're seeing.  You could try to edit it to see if it helps.  A player named ciane fixed the world herself and documented all the changes necessary to make the world run smoothly, so you could copy her work if you'd rather not move your sims.  (Or you could download her fixed version of IP for the next time you want to play there.)

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag

If these fixes don't help, or you don't want to do all that work right now, you can temporarily reset all sims in town any time the game is lagging horribly.  A stuck sim will drag down performance, and IP has plenty of places for sims to get stuck.  Open the cheats console (crtl-shift-c) and enter "resetsim *" without quotes (yes, the asterisk), and every sim in the world will be reset, including your own.  If you don't want that, you can reset them individually with "resetsim firstname lastname," but you'd have to find the stuck sims first.

When you move your sims, it's also better to save them to the bin and then place them in a new save, quitting to desktop and clearing your cache files in between.  I'm not sure whether you can save a pregnant sim to the bin, but you can always try.  Just go to Edit Town and click on the household's map tag to see the option.  It's best to save the house separately, if you want to keep it; you'll need to evict the sims first to do so.

Also, for what it's worth, the features of the IP expansion pack work just fine in any world that has room for them and deep enough water.  So you can play with those features in other EA worlds, or custom ones made by other players.

Okay, I just saw your new thread, and it sounds like you don't need any of the above anymore.  (I also merged your threads; it's best to keep to one thread when troubleshooting a specific issue or save.)

The first and easiest thing to try is to remove the cc from the sim and then clear your cache files.  You could always try deleting the cache files first, to see whether it helps.  They tend to fill up with stale data and should be deleted regularly even in the absence of game issues, and certainly whenever you start a new save or move your sims to a new town.  For reference, those files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that alone doesn't help, take your sims into CAS and remove all cc.  (You can try putting it back later when he's fixed.)  If you don't use mods, you can reach CAS by bringing up the cheats console (crtl-shift-c) and entering "testingcheatsenabled true" without quotes, then shift-clicking on the sim and selecting Edit in Create a Sim.  Be sure to turn off the cheat ("testingcheatsenabled false") when you're done.  Then save, quit (separate step—it's best to save first and then quit without saving), clear your cache files again, and reload.

If that doesn't help either, you can try evicting the household and moving them back in via Edit Town.  As long as you don't save the sims themselves to the bin and replace them with their bin copies, they'll keep their jobs and any relationships they've formed so far.  They will however lose their promised wishes and opportunities.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (874 Views)