Appaloosa Plains missing

by 1supercat

Original Post

Re: Appaloosa Plains missing

@mysticdiva2  Which worlds are you trying to install?  It sounds like the OP added a world that replaced or otherwise interfered with Appaloosa Plains.  If this is the case for you, it might be that you can't have both AP and the custom world(s) in your game at the same time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 20 (682 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't use Custom worlds, Even if I install just  Riverview, Appaloosa Plains, disappears

Message 12 of 20 (678 Views)

@mysticdiva2  I'm having a hard time finding anything to help here (a couple of threads elsewhere but no answers).  I guess the basics are, do you have any other EPs that come with homeworlds, i.e. Twinbrook or Bridgeport, and are they available for selection?  If you start a new game elsewhere, do you see the content from the Pets EP in that world?  And does AP show up if you create a clean folder without uninstalling and reinstalling the game, even after it's disappeared once already?

Message 13 of 20 (654 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

On a fresh Game with nothing in it, Just the Expansions and Stuff Packs, Appaloosa Plains is there. As soon as I install Riverview I go back into the Game and Appaloosa Plains is missing.It happens with any world installed. Bridgeport shows as well as Twinbrook.

It does show in C:/ProgramFiles In the Origin Games Sims 3 EP05 (which is Pets) Caches Folder. it Shows 2 files..AppaloosaPlains.ObjectsCache and TCC text document. Then in Shared folder it shows a Non-Packaged folder that has a Library folder which shows the objects for Appaloosa. Then in the Worlds folder it shows Appaloosa Plains.

So I cant figure out why its not showing in the game... a friend is having the same problem. so EA told me its a Bug. 

Message 14 of 20 (641 Views)

@mysticdiva2  My only other question is whether you still see the rest of the Pets-related functions in the game, i.e. the actual pets, or the objects they use.  That would show whether it's the entire expansion that's not showing up, or just AP.

I also wonder what would happen if you uninstalled Pets, cleaned the registry, added the worlds you wanted, and then reinstalled the EP.  (Obviously, it would be a good idea to back up or remove your game folder when you did this, and clear the cache files, and maybe test a clean folder, etc.)

I'd try to recreate the bug, but I have a Steam install and patch 1.67, so I'm not sure whether I'd see the same thing.

Message 15 of 20 (627 Views)

★ Apprentice

I actually fixed the problem.. When Appaloosa Plains was in the game, I saved all the lots to the library. Then copied that folder to my desktop. So when I found it was still missing, I copied all the Library files to the folder in my document Sims 3 Library folder and Lo and Behold Appaloosa Plains is there in full, I even made a sim and saved the game... 

I do know that when I first started a whole new game load, with no worlds in there Appaloosa Plains was there... It disappeared as soon as I installed a world.. EA could not fix the problem as I had a couple of days on the phone with them and all their suggestions did not fix the problem. I am just thankful that I was a little smarter then they were and I am very persistent.

Thank you so much for your responses, It was appreciated. I use Origin, not Steam so maybe its an origin problem I dont know...

Message 16 of 20 (622 Views)

@mysticdiva2  Congrats on solving this issue on your own, and thank you for posting a description of your solution.  If someone else has the same problem, I'll just point them to your post.

I still don't know why it worked, or what was causing the issue (and I guess EA doesn't either), but if your game is cooperating now, then that's what matters.

Message 17 of 20 (610 Views)

★ Apprentice

It didnt last. When I Saved my game and quit, went back in later it was gone again... am gonna cry now... I am just gonna go play my Sims 4

Message 18 of 20 (604 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@mysticdiva2  Is your computer a pc or mac? If your computer is a pc do you use OneDrive?

Message 19 of 20 (593 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have an Asus Laptop and dont use One Drive..

Message 20 of 20 (579 Views)