Appaloosa Plains missing

by 1supercat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Appaloosa Plains missing

★★ Novice

I have recently installed Sims 3 Pets and usually there is a new world that comes along with each EP. There is some data for Appaloosa plains in the game folders but this world does not show up on the Main Menu. Does anyone have a clue as to what is wrong and how I can fix it? Thank you, Robert

Message 1 of 20 (2,587 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: RE: Missing Appaloosa Plains

★★ Novice

I have just solved the problem.  I remembered I had installed a custom world that I downloaded from ??? It was not very good so I uninstalled it right away.  I checked through the folders in the Sims 3, and in a folder called "World Caches were two items left over from that install, I deleted them and now Appaloosa Plains is there in my game.  Thank you all for trying to help me.  Robert

View in thread

Message 7 of 20 (2,958 Views)

All Replies

Re: Appaloosa Plains missing

Hero

Does the rest of Pets work properly ?

What is your Operating System ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (2,569 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes the rest of the Pets game works fine.  I am using Windows XP- SP3.  Thanks.  Robert

Message 3 of 20 (2,566 Views)

RE: Missing Appaloosa Plains

★★ Novice

On March 18th I posted a message about Appaloosa Plains missing. Original message follows: I have recently installed Sims 3 Pets and usually there is a new world that comes along with each EP. There is some data for Appaloosa plains in the game folders but this world does not show up on the Main Menu. Does anyone have a clue as to what is wrong and how I can fix it? Thank you, Robert I have Windows XP (sp3) and have Sims 3 Supernatural and pets and no stuff packs. Everything else ,works fine in the base game and expansion packs, including creating, adopting pets; Appaloosa plains just will not show up on the Main Menu. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling pets, but this does not help. The Sims 3 community has looked a my posts and a few have replied, but no one has offered a solution. If there is no one in the community that can offer a solution, How can I bring this to the attention of someone at EA ?? Am I the only one with this problem ?? Thank you again. Robert

Message 4 of 20 (2,564 Views)

Hero

Does Moonlight Falls show up correctly ? I really don't know what could be causing this.

Do you maybe have tons of worlds ? Any custom content ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 20 (2,560 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes Moonlight Falls plays just fine and is my main town to play Sims 3.  I do not have any worlds other than this and the one that came with the base game.  I do have some custom content in my game.  ANy ideras ?  Thanks.  Robert

Message 6 of 20 (2,557 Views)

★★ Novice

I have just solved the problem.  I remembered I had installed a custom world that I downloaded from ??? It was not very good so I uninstalled it right away.  I checked through the folders in the Sims 3, and in a folder called "World Caches were two items left over from that install, I deleted them and now Appaloosa Plains is there in my game.  Thank you all for trying to help me.  Robert

Message 7 of 20 (2,959 Views)

Community Manager

I merged the two threads about the same topic into one. You can always find all the posts you made when you click on your username in the navigation on the upper right-hand side of the board.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 8 of 20 (2,547 Views)

Hero

Thank you for posting that solution. Do you remember what the world was called ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 20 (2,542 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem... Doing a fresh game with nothing in it, Appaloosa Plains is in the list. When I install worlds and go back into the game its not there in the list. I have been speaking with EA for a couple of days, tried everything they told me and its still missing. So I did a fresh game with nothing in it and there it is... I havent a clue as how to fix it. First I did the help link they gave me, didnt work. Then I followed the next steps, they sent and that didnt work, then I did a clean uninstall and then re-install, that didnt work and finally did use CC cleaner and manually uninstalled again. Same problem, its there with nothing in the game, but the minute I install a world its gone... So am reporting this as a BIG BUG

Message 10 of 20 (1,560 Views)