Re: Action won't cancel?

by EvelynXcm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Action won't cancel?

★★ Novice

I've had my problems with sims, yes, but this is something entirely new. After teaching her daughter how to talk, one of my sims, as well as her daughter, remain in that position, and even after i cancelled the "teach/learn to talk" action, and even set up a different queue, they refuse to move, and have been sitting in the same position for hours. The daughter occasionally does the little chatter that they do when learning to talk, but the mother is totally frozen. Noted, all of my other sims are perfectly fine, and they can do whatever, however, whenever they try to interact with the mother/daughter, they just wait, and eventually the action goes away. I tried saving and quitting, but when i opened it again, it was the same. Anyone have this problem/know a solution? I just stated to have everything fixed, and this happens!

If it helps, I play on a Macbook Air, and I have the disk version of TS3, and digital downloads of Generations, Late night, Pets, Seasons, University life, and Diesel stuff.

Message 1 of 6 (50,299 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
Have you tried resetting the stuck sims?

Press cntrl-shift-C and a blue box should appear at the top of the screen. Type the following: testingcheatsenabled true. Now hit return. Press cntrl-shift-C again and this time type resetsim firstname lastname. So, for example if your stuck sim's name was Jane Smith, you would have typed: resetsim jane smith. Hit return again.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (56,601 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
Have you tried resetting the stuck sims?

Press cntrl-shift-C and a blue box should appear at the top of the screen. Type the following: testingcheatsenabled true. Now hit return. Press cntrl-shift-C again and this time type resetsim firstname lastname. So, for example if your stuck sim's name was Jane Smith, you would have typed: resetsim jane smith. Hit return again.
Message 2 of 6 (56,602 Views)

★★★ Newbie
THANK YOU
Message 3 of 6 (48,865 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you sooooo much. I know its 6 years later but thank you!!!

Message 4 of 6 (36,141 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much!!! 

Message 5 of 6 (27,024 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

AHH thanks so much! This has frustrated me for far too long. 

But... I just done it and my game closed for an update. 

Maybe that's why it was bugging out.

(Luckily I saved first)  

Message 6 of 6 (17,791 Views)