APARTMENTS NOT WORKING

by Destiny5925

Original Post

APARTMENTS NOT WORKING

★★★ Newbie

I recently downloaded a few apartment building from the Gallery and put them into different cities and them tried to move my Sims into these apartments, it won't let them move at all and I've tried several different apartments. It is stating them don't have enough money to move in like it's a house and the apartment building are not separated. Am I doing something wrong with these apartments or what is going on?? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Message 1 of 2 (286 Views)

Re: APARTMENTS NOT WORKING

@Destiny5925  The way apartments work is very similar to houses, in that sims buy them (and pay property taxes) rather than renting.  So if your sims are just starting out, it would make sense that they couldn't affort to buy a nice apartment.  In Edit Town, you should be able to see the price of each apartment when you mouse over the map tag for the building.

One thing that can make apartment buildings more expensive than expected is a lack of proper public and private room markers.  If the downstairs area doesn't have one of these hidden markers, it counts as part of the active household's apartment, driving up both the listed price and the bills.  You can go into Build mode and look for the markers—they're these weird spheres that look like they're suspended from the ceiling.  You can't see them in live mode, and you need to enter the cheat buydebug on to be able to place them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (275 Views)