Thank you so much @AvyK4

Message 21 of 28 (2,330 Views)

Re: 'A serious error has occurred'

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@eacharlotte wrote:

Hello @jessjed,

You could try the following:

• "Find the sims 3 saves folder usually in Documents/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3/ Saves. Find the most recent sims3file.
  • Then find the one that is a sims3.backup file.
  • Change the name of the most recent one to Sunset Valley.sims3.bad and then rename the backup to Sunset Valley.sims3 (no period after sims3).
  • Whenever you play the game make sure to use "save as" (just number them, 1, 2, 3 etc) instead of save and be sure to save often.

If this still doesn't work, then you'll probably have to do a clean install. Do you have any mods or CC installed?

Thank you so much eacharlotte! I was having the same issue and carefully followed your instructions. My family have loaded successfully and to be on the safe side, from now on I'll be using the option to "save as" to make multiple saves instead of the standard save option. To be extra cautious, I'm also going to move my family to another neighborhood & save the family and household to the folder, just in case Wink

Thanks again. I've spent so long on this family that I was about ready to flip when it came up with the error message lol

~Amy

Message 22 of 28 (2,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game doesn't have a backup for the save that keeps showing this error. I really want to play my household but I can't! My pet cat is going to have kittens, and I need to make sure she's OK!

Message 23 of 28 (2,216 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Message 24 of 28 (2,014 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having a similar problem and when I tried to find my electronic arts folder i found that there were now two. not sure why this happened but i'm hoping the redundancy is the problem. going to cross my fingers and hope this works.

Message 25 of 28 (1,710 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone, the problem is generally caused by a downloaded object file being missing.

Usually this is the world file... so look in your Sims 3 file for an 'installed worlds' file. If nothing is there you must find the original world file used and install that to your sim game. (Note: copying them into the folder does not install them, you have to do that manually by opening each one).

Hope that helps.

Message 26 of 28 (1,596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I show nothing in my installed worlds folder. How do I find the right world file and install it properly?

Message 27 of 28 (1,431 Views)

@mttrlydn  It would help if you could be more specific about the issue you're having.  Do you get the exact same error, which world are you trying to load, and can you start a new save?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 28 of 28 (1,421 Views)