Re: A Block Button For TS3 Site

by DastardlyDog101

Original Post

A Block Button For TS3 Site

★★★ Apprentice

When I had set-up the 'My Page' area on TS3 site, it was, (and has always been), clearly marked as a private, Friends Only 'My Page' area. But someone I don't want is constantly contacting and interacting with me on a daily basis on my page, when it is supposedly set-up as a private Friends Only 'My Page' area. I don't know how they are getting in and I have no way to stop this person. I truly consider this as obnoxiously stalking someone. Nothing I have tried has worked. That cog wheel thing is a joke with edit your information! Clearly is doesn't work. We need a way to block people from getting onto our privately set-up, Friends Only pages, and have some sort of peace here...We NEED a Block Button! Other members have asked for a block button in all the forums...What's the hold up?! We desperately need some sort of way to keep people whom are annoying and obnoxiously contacting and interacting with us on our supposedly private, Friends Only 'My Page' area on a daily basis! Members have asked...A block button needs to be addressed and done. We're getting angry and very frustrated on this matter. There seems to be a lack of support and caring from this site on this matter.

Message 1 of 6 (306 Views)

Hero

The problem is that if you have any friends that have their own page set to public or are even friends with this user, it opens up a backdoor so they can post on your my page.

I'll forward your complaint to the CM but I don't think anything is going to be changed on the old Sims 3 site.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (290 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank-you so much for your help, crinrict and responding so quickly. God help us then...The backdoor must be wide open. When we were friends, this person had access not only to my page but also to my friend list, where they friended each and every one person on my list. The cause or why we are no longer friends doesn't matter. People should know, it doesn't happen very often, but there are trolls out there that are truly scary. We need a way to protect ourselves from them. A block button would allow us to do this and bring us peace of mind. I just hope something can be done. TS3 site is a wonderful place to meet up with friends. It's too bad the site's pretty much been abandoned.   

Message 3 of 6 (285 Views)

Hero

Do they only comment on posts others have made or also make their own comments on your page ?

Did you report them to Custom Support ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (268 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's a daily annoyance of their comments on my page. No, I didn't report them. Nothing has ever been posted on my page that's been against the rules such as swearing or derogatory comments. Their comments are unnecessary without meaning and an annoyance I could live without. A simple block button would solve this problem. Reading the posts in TS3 community forums area, so many other people are experiencing similar problems and have asked for a block button. Truthfully, reporting a member could make the situation far worst then it already has become.  

Message 5 of 6 (262 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you send me your Sims 3 user name via PM so I can check out how your page looks for me ?

I seriously doubt they will add anything to that page at this point and I can't really help you or tell you what the best course of action is but I can make sure your site is set to what you think it is.

They should only be able to comment on other people's comment but not make a comment on your my page directly. They should also not be able to read your my page other than what shows on your friends my pages.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (251 Views)