Re: 3 questions; two in-game and one random

by rumbutter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

4 questions about The Sims 3; two in-game and two extra

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello, i am having two glitches inside of my sims 3 games. I have most of the expantion packs so i dont know which one to put down as the problem.. But i guess if it helps, the town my glitched sims are in is Isle Paradise.

My teenager sim snuck out of the house to prom while grounded. However, now she can not walk/run/jog properly. She walks around as if she is still sneaking out. (a crouch-like position). It wont correct itself.

Secondly, in game or not, my game wont save. I pressed 'save', and it looks like its saving normally; however i know that something wrong since it has been saving for a hour. It wont finish saving and its been a hour almost.

thirdly, this question is about a game i dont have. Sims 3 Midevil times, is this a expansion pack or a seperate sims game? I would love to add this game onto the game and expansions i already have. So that (if my glitched sim is fixed) my sim can become queen. Standard smile

lastly, along with Midevil times, i heard of a sims 3 game where there is pirates and royalty.. Like pirates can steal and get into sorud fights, then queens and kings and rule. I am not sure if this is Midevil or not, but if it isnt then what is it called? And is it a expantion pack or a seperate game?

hope you understand and hope someone can help me!

thanks!

Message 1 of 9 (312 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

try  have the sim walk a short distance but choose walk instead of automatic or edit  town move your sim family out then back in

sims medieval is a separate game  which has it's own base game or the deluxe which is the sims medieval +pirates and nobles is an add on

if it's stuck in the loop of saving task manager out and end the task of the sims 3 running

then go to the electronicsarts/thesims3/CurrentGame.sims3 folder open that if there are files inside that delete them it is normal for files to build up while playing

the folder empties once we save and quit but if a crash happens or taskmanger out the files can sometimes stay behind

edit typo

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (307 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

try  have the sim walk a short distance but choose walk instead of automatic or edit  town move your sim family out then back in

sims medieval is a separate game  which has it's own base game or the deluxe which is the sims medieval +pirates and nobles is an add on

if it's stuck in the loop of saving task manager out and end the task of the sims 3 running

then go to the electronicsarts/thesims3/CurrentGame.sims3 folder open that if there are files inside that delete them it is normal for files to build up while playing

the folder empties once we save and quit but if a crash happens or taskmanger out the files can sometimes stay behind

edit typo

Message 2 of 9 (308 Views)

★★★ Novice

Before i saved it i tried to have my stuck sim walk and run normally instead of automatic but it didnt work.

it could be because the game and laptop are overrun since i have been playing sims all day with only a break to save it, turn it off then turn it on again..

As for the saving issue, is there any way i could try to fix it without exiting out of it? there is a lot of unsaved progress that i want to try to avoid getting rid of.

aw that sucks about it being seperate. Is the Sims 3 Dragons seperate? i am wondering because of how it would be if it were combined with the other expansion packs such as seasons and pets.

Message 3 of 9 (302 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Dragon Valley world ? that's a world a store item which is download and installed once downlaoded and installed it'll be in the main menu+plus new game to select the world to play in and you still play fromwhatever game you normally play from also be carefull how you buy the world not there is anythin wrong with th eworld it's if you buy it from the sims 3 site it wil be a simpoint bundle not with simpoints you already have if you buy from orign or store/shop you'll get a code to redeem in your the sims 3 account then download from there then install it

are you mac or PC ? as i've posted in the helpers corner for other help for you on the saving issue

Message 4 of 9 (298 Views)

★★★ Novice

umm. I honestly dont know a thing about computers. I am using my sisters laptop.. Hp Pavilion g series (so it says).

thanks!

Message 5 of 9 (296 Views)

Hero (Retired)

ty for the info Standard smile

Message 6 of 9 (292 Views)

★★★ Novice

I dont know where you want me to go for the solution to the saving issue so i refered to the one above.

I got as far as the current folder and there are a few things in there. Nothing above 70,000kb. Two are cutting close to that though. there are five.

what do i do next? I dont want to delete anything that i dont have too (such as the last saved game). I mean, if i could i would love for this issue to be resolved by finishing saving. But if it doesnt then i want to at least have the last time i saved it to still be in effect. if that makes any sence.

so tired. its 2am where i am.

Message 7 of 9 (286 Views)

★★★ Novice

nevermind. its seriously not worth all of this trouble. i will come back if it happens again though.

thank you so much, enjoy your life!

Message 8 of 9 (279 Views)

Hero (Retired)

the files in the CurrentGame.sims3 those if you taskmanager out or the game crashed those files will be no good and only delete them if you had to kill the game that is to say taskmanger out or it crased

if there are any file sin the save sfolder with .bad delete those too as they are no good either

you know where we are if need any more help , have a great day too Standard smile

Message 9 of 9 (271 Views)