[FAQ] Make Me An Offer

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

[FAQ] Make Me An Offer

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Offer.png

Make Me an Offer is a fun new way to discover Store content and get great deals on bundles of content. The Make Me an Offer machine picks a handful of things it thinks you’ll like and offers those items to you for a single discounted price.

What is Make Me an Offer?
Make Me an Offer is a fun new way to discover Store content and get great deals on bundles of content. The Make Me an Offer machine picks a handful of things it thinks you’ll like and offers those items to you for a single discounted price. Think of it as a custom collection just for you. The discounts can be huge!

How does it work?
The Make Me an Offer machine digs through our huge catalog to find a few items it thinks you’ll love. It can include any type of item you can buy in the Store: sets, worlds, venues, premium content, and individual items. We add up the prices of the items it selects and then offer you the whole lot at one discounted price. Buy them all or pass on the offer. The choice is up to you. But you have to decide quickly because the offers only last for one hour. If you pass on an offer, we’ll show you another, but you only get five offers per day.

What type of items are offered and how many?
Offers can include any item from the Store catalog that is currently purchasable for SimPoints. This includes sets, worlds sold for SimPoints, venues, premium content, and individual items. Occasionally, we will also offer exclusive items that are not available anywhere else. Each offer will include three to six items.

Can I get duplicate items?
We will never offer you items that you already own individually. However, we may occasionally offer you an item that is part of a set or compilation that you already own.

Is there a limit to the number of offers I can see?
You get five offers per day. If you purchase an offer at any time, your counter instantly resets to five. In other words, you can get unlimited offers as long as you purchase at least one in every five offers.

When does my offer limit counter reset?
Your offer counter resets to five offers 24 hours after you view your first offer for the day. So for example, if you view your first offer at 10 am, you will have four remaining offers and your counter will reset back to five at 10:01 am the next day. Or for example, if you have passed on your first three offers, but purchase your fourth offer of the day, the counter will return to five remaining once you have completed that purchase.

Is there a limit to the number of offers I can buy?
Nope!

How long is each offer good for?
Each offer only lasts for one hour. If you pass on it, it’s gone, but just keep playing and you’ll see many more great offers that are perfect for you.

Can I save my offers for later?
No. You have one hour to decide if you want to purchase the offer or pass. If you navigate away from the Make Me an Offer page and come back within the hour, that offer will still be valid.

How can I see all the items that I’ve purchased from Make Me an Offer?
You can view all your Make Me an Offer purchases in your purchase history from the “My Store Account” page.

What happens if I purchase or am gifted an item that is also included in my current MMAO offer?
If this happens, we will swap your current offer for a new one. This will not affect your daily offer counter; your offer counter will only decrease if you pass on an offer. Swapping your current offer for a new one helps us ensure that you don’t get duplicate items.

If I purchase items through Make Me an Offer, do those items then count towards Complete Your Set discounts?
Yes, of course!

What if I already own everything?
First, thank you for being such a great Store customer! We often include special items that you can only purchase through Make Me an Offer, so be sure to try it out.

What happens to the items in my Wish list if I receive them in Make Me an Offer?
There is no need for you to remove them as we've taken care of changing the status of the items so they cannot be gifted to you.

What happens to the items in my shopping cart if I receive them in Make Me an Offer?
We'll automatically remove them from you shopping cart so you cannot attempt to purchase them again.

Is Make Me an Offer available in game?
No, Make Me an Offer is only available on our website.

http://store.thesims3.com/makemeanoffer.html

Where can I get a better deal? Complete Your Set or Make Me an Offer?
With Make Me an Offer and Complete Your Set, we have two fun ways to give you great deals on the Store items you want. These two features work independently. We hope to integrate Complete Your Set prices into Make Me an Offer in the future. For now, you may find a better deal on the set you want through Complete Your Set if you already own a large portion of it.

Learn more about the Complete Your Set Discount here.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 1 of 1 (1,988 Views)