[MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

by EA_Nils

Original Post

[MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Currently, some Mac players are reporting that they have issues with downloading, installing, or launching The Sims 3 and its expansions. If you encounter one of these issues, please try the following steps first:

1. Make sure that your game is patched to version 1.55. If it is not, try to install the patch manually. Here the link to a FAQ about that.

2. If your base game and all your other expansions are installed from disc, un-install them and re-install them from Origin.

3. Make sure that your custom content and / or mods are not interfering with the game. To be sure of that, de-active them for the installation process.

4. Exit Origin and log back in again.

5. Un-install the Origin client, re-download it from the website, and install it again. Note: Please only un-install the Origin client and not your games!

6. If none of the above helps and you have an issue launching The Sims 3, please un-install and re-install the expansion that you installed last. Here the link to a FAQ on how to un-install on a Mac.

7. Many users were able to solve the issue with this workaround, that you should also try:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/693317.page#11036048

If you are still not able to download, install or launch your game, please report your issue in here with the following information:

• Origin ID:
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: (Origin menu > Application Settings > Origin Beta Participation)
  • OS X version:   (How to find your OS version)
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: (Follow Step #1 through Step #3 to find this information)
  • Expansions you have/have active:
  • Any error message received:
  • A detailed description of what is occurring:
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted:
Message 1 of 247 (40,300 Views)

Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Origin ID: divergirl09

Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: No

OS X version: OSX 10.8.4

Processor, Memory and Graphics card information:

Processor: 2.4 Ghz Intel Core Duo

Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

Expansions you have/have active: Sims 3 Pets, Sims 3 Supernatural, Sims 3 University Life (Just installed via Origin, not displaying in Launcher)

Any error message received: None

A detailed description of what is occurring: Just installed Sims 3 University Life via digital download. Sims 3 University Life shows in "Sims 3 folder", Go to open Sims 3 Launcher, run update to 1.55. Sims 3 Launcher does not see Sims 3 University Life at ALL. I just paid for this game!

A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Can't uninstall, phyisical copies of Sims 3, Pets, and Supernatural are all in Orlando, currently staying at parents place for summer. Can see no problem, except the launcher can't see the expansion.

Ursula: Please un-install and re-install the Origin client and not the games. You can download the Origin client here: http://www.origin.com/download

Message 2 of 247 (39,925 Views)

Re: [MAC] Why am I having trouble downloading, installing, or launching Island Paradise on Mac?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

• Origin ID: shannon730
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: (Origin menu > Application Settings > Origin Beta Participation) No idea
  • OS X version:   OSX 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 

Processor  2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 

Memory  8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 4000 768 MB

Expansions you have/have active: None. I just purchased a new computer and am trying to install the game. 

•  

Any error message received: no error message.
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: I've downloaded the game via the origin client and attempted to install it (the base game). the screen with the product key popped up and I copied it to the clipboard as suggested. I continued the install. When I get to the page that asks for the product key, I enter it but the continue button doesn't become active. 
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I've tried manually entering the product key with the same results. I've also tried restarting the computer and running through this again. I'm more than a little irritated by this. When I upgraded to Windows 7 on my old computer I was unable to use the game anymore and was told there was nothing tht can be done, now this is happening. I spent a lot of money on Sims 3 products. I feel ripped off at the moment. 

Ursula: Please try the trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 3 of 247 (39,910 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • Origin ID:

kalytle

• Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: (Origin menu > Application Settings > Origin Beta Participation)

No

3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024MB

• Expansions you have/have active:

Basic Sims 3 Install

• Any error message received:

• A detailed description of what is occurring:

I've installed the game and it requires the DVD to be inserted.  My computer has no DVD drive

• A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted:

I have the product key registered online and I have the Origin Mac application opened and signed in.  I've tried mounting the disk image of the installer.

Ursula: Please try the trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 4 of 247 (39,900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

• Origin ID: thekatherinemac
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? YES
  • OS X version:  10.7.5
  • Expansions you have/have active: Base game, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets 
  • Any error message received: error code 65538:15000. 
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: When downloading Island Paradise from Origin, I get error code 65538:15000. 
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Uninstalled and reinstalled origin and am currently updating the game. 

Ursula: Please try all the other trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 5 of 247 (39,895 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
  • Origin ID: zach279
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: (Origin menu > Application Settings > Origin Beta Participation) no
  • OS X version:   (How to find your OS version) newest 
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: (Follow Step #1 through Step #3 to find this information) 2.4
  • Expansions you have/have active: NightLife, Outdoor stuff, University, Highend Loft
  • Any error message received: 65538:15000
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: Not downloading off Origin
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Reinstall Origin, clear cache files, install super patch

Ursula: We added a workaround to the first post. Can you please try this?

Message 6 of 247 (39,882 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Origin ID:  kissytee

Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: No. 

OS X version:  10.6.8  

Processor, Memory and Graphics card information

• Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
  • Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 GPU 384 MB

Expansions you have/have active:  Showtime; 70's,80's,90's Stuff Pack, Generations, Late Night, Seasons, and Island Paradise
Any error message received: None
A detailed description of what is occurring: The Game will not load. It goes to the Launcher and nothing after that. The game says it needs to update to the 1.55 Patch, but I have done that 3 times which makes me think it is not updating. The Game just will not load at all. 

A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I have tried to uninstall and reinstall. I have tried to update the patch and the game to the 1.55.

Ursula: Please try all the other trouble-shooting steps explained in the first post

Message 7 of 247 (39,845 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • Origin ID: yellowbird923
  • OS X version (How to find your OS version): 10.8.4
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information (Follow Step #1 through Step #3 to find this information): 
  • Expansions you have/have active: Island Paradise, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Fast Lane, High End Loft, Sweet Treats, Late Night, Master Suite, Outdoor Living, Seasons, Showtime, Supernatural, Town Life, University, World Adventures
  • Any error message received: applications do not load. 
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: applications will not load. 
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: installing and re-installing applications through the disk. 

Ursula: It sounds as if you are trying to install the disc and not the download version, right? This is not the issue we are dealing with here. Can you please open a separate thread for your issue? Thanks.

Message 8 of 247 (39,823 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

• Origin ID: haleywhit93
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: No
  • OS X version:   10.7.5
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
  • Expansions you have/have active: Late Night, Outdoor living, 70's, Diesel, Generations, High end loft, master suite, pets, seasons, showtime, supernatural, university
  • Any error message received: error code 65538:15000. 
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: When downloading Island Paradise from Origin, I get "We're sorry an error occurred whule trying to download this game, please try again later. Error code 65538:15000."
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: Reinstalled origin, updated sims to current version, still nothing happening.

Ursula: We added a workaround to the first post. Can you please try this?

Message 9 of 247 (39,782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  • coulsoni
  • unsure
  • 2.5GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
  • University
  • The redemption code that was emailed to us says it has already been used
  • we therefore cannot download the software
  • Reading blogs, etc

Ursula: You are not supposed to redeem the code anywhere if you bought the game from Origin. It will show up in your Origin client from where you can download it. Please read more about that here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Information-How-to-Register-The-Sims-3/m-p/387162

Message 10 of 247 (37,015 Views)