Re: tsto i cant buy building for my quest help please

by James2cul

Original Post

Moe triggers the Vulgari quest

Have you tried store Moe's (Marge will be stored too) and placing it again?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 11 of 17 (615 Views)

★★★ Novice

There is the building w/ donuts, in the store & there is no other building besides the houses w/ money i can buy. Since I built the tattoo shop on the squid-port i haven't been able to buy the next building which is the blue store & i just got the tooth chipper done building & it said i was finished but i cant even buy the Farris wheel one. I think its a bug that cant be fix bc i have did everything i can do

Message 12 of 17 (599 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just did it & still nunthing

Message 13 of 17 (597 Views)

★★★ Novice

For kirk i still have the job highlighted for the quest which is quest 15 & i have to buy the building. How am i not on the quest if the job is highlighted & it takes me to the locked building & my level is high enough?

Message 14 of 17 (590 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, James:

I’m not sure this will help, and it’s been a long while since I had any regular quests 😜, but I seem to recall having a similar problem with getting Fat Tony’s quest to trigger.  Back then I asked TSTOAddicts for help, and they explained that I’d leveled up too quickly and missed a couple of side quests that required buying/placing a free building, and completing that stuff before Fat Tony would start.  There are quest guides with character “triggers” here:

https://simpsonstappedout.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Quests

https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/The_Simpsons:_Tapped_Out_Level_quests

They might help you check off every quest you’ve done up to level 15 (? or wherever you might get stuck), see if there are any free buildings (like the diner) you need to build first, and see who/what triggers the next step.  Hope this helps, as I remember how frustrating this can be.

Message 15 of 17 (572 Views)

★★★ Novice

There is nunthing i can buy. The only thing i can do is wait for limited updates to do or just keep setting people on jobs. These building are still locked. I did everything i have been told, and still nunthing 

Message 16 of 17 (551 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, this is a problem with the game I DID have with Fat Tony, and the game letting me unlock characters/quests too early.   The Unemployment Office unlocks as the second part of quest level 37 (Weekend Dad).  If you’ve already received the Fudge Factory, that’s level 40, so the game has let you leapfrog over the 2nd part of 37, and then some.  I take it you’ve done all the other 36 previous quests, and completed the first part of level 37 - build the Bachelor Arms, and run through all of Kirk’s quest tasks for the Bachelor Arms part, so...have you tried storing/re-placing the Bachelor Arms with Kirk to reset his questline? Otherwise, I wish I could remember what fixed it for me, but you’re probably right, you might just have to ride it out. Best of luck.

Message 17 of 17 (529 Views)