tapped out device full

by crscott08

Original Post

Re: Error message Simpsons tapped out

★ Novice

I started getting the same same error message last week. After after deleting things making space etc nothing worked. I finally gave up and uninstalled the game. Of course i immediatley re-installed it, when it finally finished downloading my game reappeared. Its the july 4th update that caused it on my phone (nexus). Problem solved.

Message 21 of 37 (4,325 Views)

Re: tapped out device full

★★★ Newbie

I found a fix that worked for me (samsung galaxy s4 and hopefully all androids)

app manager -> the simpsons tapped out -> clear data

relaunched the app, had to download all 840mb worth of updates then it worked again.

no need for reset, restore or reinstall

Message 22 of 37 (3,883 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Guess how long I've had the problem? Around six months! Literally! They need to fix this. I've tried everything.
Message 23 of 37 (3,644 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am playing on a Galaxy S4 with nearly 3gb of free space and I've started getting this message too. I have uninstalled and reinstalled once and cleared the data once; this morning I got the message again. Hasn't happened until the barbarian update.
Wondering if it's a problem with S4 as lots of us seem to be having the problem on the same device?
Can't bothered to uninstall again so won't be bothering with the game til the issue is sorted.
Message 24 of 37 (3,503 Views)

★★ Novice

Won't that delete all the progress though?

Message 25 of 37 (3,494 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this same problem for months. Uninstalled/Reinstalled, Moved my game to an SD card, and cleared cache and data for the simpsons app.

On a Samsung Galaxy S4 4.4.2  Go to Settings>More>Storage> (Wait a few seconds for the device to calculate) and I noticed that my Cached data was an alarming 2GB. Tap the Cached data and clear data for all apps.

Once I did this Simpsons began working good as new.

I hope this works for you as it did for me!

Message 26 of 37 (3,376 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this same problem for months. Uninstalled/Reinstalled, Moved my game to an SD card, and cleared cache and data for the simpsons app.

On a Samsung Galaxy S4 4.4.2  Go to Settings>More>Storage> (Wait a few seconds for the device to calculate) and I noticed that my Cached data was an alarming 2GB. Tap the Cached data and clear data for all apps.

Once I did this Simpsons began working good as new.

I hope this works for you as it did for me!

Message 27 of 37 (3,374 Views)

★ Novice

I am having this same problem now on my iphone.

how do you fix this it is becoming a huge pain and making it not even fun to play.

I am about to delete this game and be done with it.

FIX PLEASE!!

Message 28 of 37 (2,649 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's just bad bad typical EA programming.

On my iPad I need enough to install the game twice. 

1 for the app itself 1.2g

1.2g+ for what the game thinks it needs to install the entire game plus updates. It checks to see if you have enough room for the entire install not taking into account it will be overwriting itself. 

So with 1.5g free AFTER install and all updates seems to be my key number to keep from getting this message. 

I do have to ask...why on earth is this game so big? MINIMAL graphics, minimal sounds, minimal everything. Seems like it should be about 300mb at MOST. 50mb download 1.1gig+ in "updates"

Message 29 of 37 (2,612 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tina's is my exact situation. What is ea sports doing about this? I'm going to try getting down to 1.5GB to see what happens. 

Message 30 of 37 (2,588 Views)